25 September 2012

87 Bazillion Guns to Kill a Bad Guy

The cast of Borderlands 2
I was going to write a post about Borderlands 2 the other day, and frankly I'm glad I didn't because it wasn't going to bode too excitingly.

But now that I've gotten further through, I've been shocked and surprised at the bad guy in the game.  BECAUSE HE'S A BAD GUY.

I won't say why, because I would rather let others find the surprise that I have, but anyone who has felt a little lack lustered by the story, or the excitement of the game at all, push on through.  By about Chapter 15, you'll be motivated to kill Jack.  Not because he's an egotistic asshole with delusions of being everyone's hero to look up to him, but because he's a Bad Guy.  A Real Bad Guy.

And that shocked me.  He attacks other characters on a personal level, and you can almost see the heart wrenching those characters go through, and even a new perspective on other characters suffering.

Granted, throughout the rest of the game Jack is contacting you and being very flippant about the things he says and does.  You can't take him seriously because he's excessively descriptive of what he wants to do to you, and I've never been able to take anyone seriously when they're like that.

But slowly as I got further and further through the game, it came to me that he actually would do those things that he says, no matter how graphic or ridiculous they are.

And that makes me excited to play the game more.

No comments:

Post a Comment