23 November 2010

My First Space Marine

So I was going to have a little photo joke about "my Firsts", you know those things little kids have for when they go potty training or hold their own bottle. No, couldn't find it so I've decided to dive right into it.

Well playing Deathwatch has given me the right... No, the DUTY... to paint a space marine character for myself. Blood Angel tactical marine. Fair enough. Now my friends are artistic, so the model doesn't go in the bare essentials. No, he has pockets, a holster with pistol, a mark of honour, backpack and his pair of bolters.

why two bolters? Cos I said so.

On top of that, he doesn't get the standard base that WH40k offer to put your models on. He gets a resin designer base, one tailored to 40k.

And after painting it up with what paints I have, i came up with this.

The base, a grate filled to the brim with members of Team Jacob on Twitpic

I think it was a pretty good job, considering I only have a few paints (With way too many greys than I'd like to discuss) and not a very good eye for taste.

Now as for the model itself... well being a blood angel I have to paint him red. I have had way too much experience with Red. So i think I did a good job with it. Although I haven't done his belt. I just have no idea what colour to paint it.

Jim Moriarty, short on sparkles but high on bolters. on Twitpic

I reckon he'll go down well with the crowd.

3 comments:

  1. But he isn't sparkly! He should sparkle in the sunlight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a Bit low on glitter, I'm sorry

    ReplyDelete
  3. My comment was eaten :(. Oh well. Nice fangs!

    ReplyDelete