01 December 2010

Lan Oh Lan

It's been a while since i went to a LAN. For those who aren't in the know, a LAN is a set up of a number of computers so that they can play against each other. And there are places in the city that do it too, a place I used to attend on occasion called the Bunker. It's still there too, running strong, with quite a few people playing WoW, or some other game with someone across in another building.

I loved it, and when I did go it wasn't for a piddly hour or something. My mates and I would go and play for 24 hours, give or take half an hour for eating and catching the sunrise. And we would play games all night, and morning until we caught the train or taxi home, only to crash on whatever we landed on. It was exhausting, but it was fun.

One day I may do it again soon. Maybe next year? I'll gather as many people as possible to meet up at the bunker, and game on until the next morning. We'd start at 6pm and end at 6pm over a weekend. We may even jump off for a little while to have a drink or two at the ManaBar.

Actually, that'd be kinda fun. start off at midday, stop around 9 to check out the Manabar and have a few drinks, probably Jagerbombs or B52's (I really want to have another one), and then come back and play some more into the next morning and head home at 12. Or go back to the Manabar, because I think it opens around that time.

I think I may be obsessed with the Manabar. It's a cool digs! It'd be cool if they could expand the size of the actual bar! (If they haven't already that is).

But yes, maybe that'll be my plan for next year.

1 comment:

  1. It's good to have goals :) I would be there shoulder to shoulder if it wasn't for this damned geography & tyranny of distance thing...

    ReplyDelete