08 January 2011

Cogitating

A discussion has been had towards Visa's and moving countries, and with each discussion comes an easier mode of registration. At first it was going to be as simple as moving here. That was the dream, to have Jenny come and live here. She has wanted it enough so it was just a matter of getting her here.

Upon delving into the research, we found there are more loopholes than a sailors knot. Various methods were available but with serious conditions that almost seemed impossible to actually achieve either through practice or expenses. The easiest method we found was to obtain a work Visa, Jenny and I would move in together immediately and we would take documentation down so that she may later be granted a De-facto Visa. She could stay as long as we remain together.

The alternative we have recently discussed seems easier and even grants more future options. Put simply, I would move over to Kalamazoo on a Students Visa for a period. According to word and mouth, the method to attain a US Visa is "Piss easy". With Jenny having her own place, it would save on expenses. Public transport, which is limited to the Bus Lines, is free if you are a college student. I could study a Video Gaming programme so I may have a degree in something, and something I enjoy.

It's a good idea. I don't doubt it as a good idea. Out of the two of us moving, it would be much easier for me to move there. I don't own much. Most of my friends contact me via Facebook/Email/SMS anyway, the only people I'd really be losing the most contact with is my mum, the good friends I do see and my workmates, and they can contact me via email still. The change of environment isn't too much of a hassle, since I'm a homebody anyway.

But moving to the USA? I feel I've been thrown into Jennys boots. She has memories there, riddled through out the nooks and crannys there. I hardly have any here, and it doesn't help that my memory is absolutely shot. Her family, her friends, her entire life is there. It's a hard thing to give up. If I went to live with Jenny, I'd be losing that but for a set period of time.

Two years, Jenny puts forward. Two years living in Kalamazoo, with its different street lights, strange weather patterns and lack of horizons every hundred metres. Then we'd both return to Australia. We'd have whatever the Government wants so that we may get a De-Facto Visa and continue to live out our lives in Brisbane.

Call me hard of emotion, but this isn't a Journey of Emotion for me. It's more logistics than anything else. For Jenny it's an Emotional Journey. I have little to lose, and I'll miss nothing from Brisbane because I know I'll be coming back. Not much will actually change in two years. People will be older, some will be furthering their careers, and maybe a few new shops will have cropped up.

Jenny will see Kalamazoo as often as we can afford it. We'll fly back there and enjoy ourselves as much as possible before returning home to Brisbane where we would save up again to return to Kalamazoo.

I can't see me doing this soon. The earliest would be me going to Kalamazoo for Christmas and not coming back for two years.

I don't know. I'm still thinking.

3 comments:

  1. Have you talked to Disco? I know its not his specific area, but by virtue of professional contacts he may be able to point you towards the path of least resistance WRT J-Wow coming to Oz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. My security word was "louve."

    ReplyDelete