12 February 2011

Battle Mechanik Officer

If there's one thing I like, it's Khadoran Man-o-War. They're big, their armoured, they're tough, and they're expanding more and more. First it started with the Shocktrooper Unit. Then the Kovnik Solo. Then came the much more devastating unit of Demolition Corps, followed by the very popular Drakhun. Lastly came the elusive Bombardiers, a unit I had to convert so I could actually have them until the proper unit is released.

Next on the Man-o-war Lineup is the Battle Mechanik Officer. This guy is a Unit Attachment for Battle Mechaniks, not a Man-o-War unit. Now I'm going to have to pick up a couple of the Battle mechaniks units just so I can expand on my Man-o-War army.

I'm not sure how he's going to work, but what I see is a better repair stat, more benefits to Jack Marshalling (such as a drive ability), and then added benefits to other Battle Mechaniks considering the emphasis on "all the gear he's carrying".

Otherwise he has a big fuck-off Wrench. That's reach + more power than the battle mechaniks right there, though it's not often that a battle mechanik gets into melee. Apparently it's every friggin time. The officer hasn't got the same training as other Man-o-War, which means he doesn't have MAT 7, but being an officer it'll be higher than a standard Leader and Grunt, leaving it at MAT 6. For P+S I'm gonna bet 13, cos it's not a small wrench, and standard Man-o-War strength is 9. I'm also going to bet there's some reach in there too.

Other stats would be the same as a non shocktrooper Man-o-War, so SPD 4, DEF 11, ARM 16, HP 8. If he gets Iron Sentinel too, then he'll get ARM 18 while in Base to Base. It's like a Kovnik without the melee ability. For points, I'm going to bet 2 points. That simply doubles the cost of the unit, while justifying the benefits of being a Man-o-War.

I'm getting a little excited. Now to spend money.

1 comment:

  1. Close, but no Iron Sentinel.

    Unable to wait, I built my own using a demo Corps grunt and some leftover ork mekboy parts.

    Pic: http://binkibonsai.deviantart.com/art/Kristov-s-Salvage-Krew-245653528

    The officer rocks. My battle mechaniks have long been a double-edged sword for me. Mine seem to be more 'battle' than mechanik, (They've killed Eiryss with free strikes, loosened Gorman's nuts on a charge, ambushed a Paladin of the wall in an alleyway and one of them has even killed Hawk in single combat!)
    and as a result they've never passed a single repair roll in 7 years of owning them. However, with the officer they've been doing an amazing job, assisting him in getting my Devastators back in fighting form after a severe beating.

    Lash is a huge help as hiding the chief behind butcher with iron flesh on the fat caster and a war dog hiding behind the chief, Butcher was nigh unbreakable with DEF 19 in melee and lash keeping him on his feet.

    I cannot recommend this UA enough.

    ReplyDelete