13 September 2012

Jennicki in Brissy - Day 3 - 29 May

"My first Go Card."
Oh Tuesday.  It's a day after that wretched bastard Monday, and a day before the lady lumps of Wednesday.  And where I started showing off my sexy girlfriend.

Again, we rose late, but not too late.  It wasn't quite midday when we got out of bed, but it wasn't far off, and we planned on making the long bus ride over to Windsor for Lunch.

Now normally for me to get to my work, I have to take two busses.  First to the Royal Brisbane Women's Hospital, then another one around the corner which drops me practically on the door front of work.

Rather than take a second bus and risk stirring up Jennys motion sickness, I suggested we walk.  It's not a far distance, probably about ten minutes saunter, and it showed off some of the more interesting side of Windsor.  Like the Organic Nursery just around the corner from Hungry Jacks, and the nice houses along the street we walked up.  She was in awe at how if given a bit of elevation, you can see some of the Hills of Brisbane, and even the mountains in the distance.  Even with the rather muggy weather.

But we were getting hungry, and Harrys Diner was just around the corner.  And right outside my work, too.

Jenny has laughed at Harrys Diner before today, and she still laughs at it now just a little, but she was excited to see it.  "An American Themed Restaurant?  This will be hilarious!" she cried.  "I must laugh at their attempts at impersonating my own dear restaurants!"  That opinion changed very quickly.  I had a Rib Fillet Burger, an old favourite, but Jenny ordered a signature dish: The Harry Dog.

"Omg, this hot dog was amazing!
It even had bacon on it."
Jenny loves her hot dogs, she even got excited when I asked to get some hot dogs and root beer from that little place across the 'Zoo (I forgot the name of it, sorry dear).  And frankly, they weren't quite what I was expecting.  They were smaller, to start.  Compact, even.  Onion was diced, which was nice.  The cheese was a sauce, which boggled my mind.  And there was a bit of tomato sauce in there too.

Hot Dogs at Harrys were different.  The buns and sausages were larger; the onion wasn't dice, it was also fried; the cheese wasn't like a sauce, and it was warm and melted over the hot dog itself; and it had bacon bits in it too, to top it off; And naturally it had a lovely zig zag of tomato sauce and mustard.

By the end of lunch Jenny had to say to James, the owner, that it reminded her of home.  Needless to say, James is very happy to have Jenny back.

Then it was time to introduce her to my Work.  I was a bit nervous, as I wasn't sure what kind of questions they'd ask.  But really, what were they going to ask?  Whether I was any good in bed?

But no, we plowed through the questions they had, and Jenny told how excited she was to be there and everything.  A few weird questions were asked, like something about "Nightmare before Xmas", but otherwise it was great and we began our walk to Windsor Station for our last couple of stops at Toombul and Nundah.

Now surely Jenny wasn't going to get sick taking the Train.  There aren't any hills, pot holes, or even round-abouts to get thrown about in.  So luckily that's not what happened!  It wasn't until we reached Toombul that she pulled out the camera again to take a happy snappy of a bunch of kids who had just finished school.  "It's like Hogwarts!" she said.

Now today was the day that Jenny was going to see an Australian Target.  A long walk around and check it out, we would catch up with one of my friends "Del", who requested we see her Target store rather than the despicable Chermside store, before continuing on to browse the rest of Toombul.

To summarise, Jenny popped her Target Cherry with my friend.  Now where's that Rimshot.

As we enjoyed the afterglow, Jenny and I did a hunt for DVD's.  Jenny has wanted to see Australian shows for ages, and the only thing she has been able to get her hands on is Outrageous Fortune which I procured and provided to her.  So this was her best chance at getting something.

We hunted for what seemed like minutes to find names to remember until a time closer to Jennys departure.  But we settled on Underbelly, one recommended to her by many friends, and Packed to the Rafters, a show I thought she might like.  I had seen an episode or two and thought it was something she would enjoy.  So why not.

After our somewhat poor attempt at hunting, we moved on to our next destination in the next suburb over: Nundah Village.  I have a friend there, Paul, and on Tuesday Nights I go to visit Paul at his shop and play Board games and Card games.  Tonight was no exception, but had the inclusion of Jenny.  But before that, we had to have dinner.  And I knew just the thing to have.

Jenny laughed at me when I first said Kebab.  Then she asked me to say it again and she laughed harder.
"What?  What's so funny?"
"It's Kabob"
"No it's not."
"Yes it is."
"Wait, hold the phone.  We might be talking about something completely different."
Turns out we were.  And it's a good thing too, because Jenny had never had a Kebab before.  So just a small chicken one sufficed her for this new experience.  Twas good, was her response.  And I smiled, because if we ever go out on a bar crawl, I can know that she will enjoy a kebab with me, along with sexy kebab kisses afterwards.

Twas after that we caught up with one of my workmates and moved over to Fastbreak, aka: Paul's Shop.

Even the greatest super heros
have trouble with hygiene.
Jenny knows of this place as a Nerd Hole, a place where nerdy things happen.  And it's true.  I can't deny that.  Because we were going to play strange board games and card games for the night.  She was entertained at our eclectic group as well, ranging from an 8 year old boy with Arthritis in his ankle, to a sixty year old ex-army man, and everything in between.  Including a Pseuper Hero.  (That's me trying to be clever.)

I had asked Mentos man to attend tonight because... Well you can't get the real impact of him until you see him in person.  And crimeny Jenny enjoyed it.  Mentos man even brought along a few new additions, such as the belt buckle and the bandolier pictured, and a wrist launcher which he fashioned out of tubes, springs and a gauntlet from somewhere within Bargain City.

Jenny couldn't stop laughing.  Except for when a tube of Mentos were shot across the room at me.  That was when she got shocked before laughing again.

By nine O'clock, Jenny had had enough.  We had gamed the night away, with a few board games and a many rounds of Viewpoint, Jenny was starting to loll her head around from exhaustion, and we made a break for home.

And we had to go home early anyway.  Tomorrow was Australia Zoo day.

No comments:

Post a Comment