16 July 2014

4 Player Podcast

Fuck you and your Fish
A random thought occured to me recently.  I love my gaming friends.  One of the things we do is we play games together, like 4-5 player coop.  And occasionally, we have great discussions about them too.

So why not record them?  That's how most podcasts start, isn't it?  A bunch of mates decide to start broadcasting their thoughts about x and y?  Twitch is also a thing, but that just seems pretentious broadcasting my erratic point of view In a first person game, missing all the good and interesting happenings as is an old habit of mine while I'm concentrating on whatever is apparently more interesting.

But just listening to us as we play?  Summarizing with a discussion of the game itself?  I think it'd be great!  It'd start with my four friends, maybe swap between a couple of different groups, and then the occasional guest player.

It'd be pretty easy too, I'm sure there's an easy way to get a sound splitter for my xbox controller that connects to my headphones and a recording device.  Even if it's the laptop which is making a WAV file.  That itself is a terrible idea, simply because WAV files are fuggin enormous.

In turn, I would have to find a way to do the same for the Playstation, though it does have that share option where you simply upload your own videos, which isn't what I want.  I would rather make it something like a Radio show, hearing guys reactions and discussions without the complicated editing of finding related videos.

Because I'm lazy, you know?

But it'd be entertaining, hearing the highs and lows of a fun level of a new game for a player, hearing the exclamations through the headphones as everyone calls out at the same time.  I reckon it'd be fun.  Now what games would we feature...

No comments:

Post a Comment