25 September 2011

Day 1 and 2. Or maybe 3?

It's 0639 in the morning and the sleep deprivation is getting to me. When I got home yesterday from work, I finished up all the packing that I needed to do, particularly my clothes, of which most were on the clothes line, and finding most of the gadgets I wanted to take over. Naturally, as the sitation would have, I was not entirely prepared. I spent most of the night half paying attention to Tom Baker while searching the entirety of the house for my digital camera.

Boxes of unpacked things were searched over and over, back and forth I paced through Mums house, going from my room through the loungeroom to the computer room, back through the loungeroom, back to my room. I just couldn't find it. All because I didn't look up. See, my camera was in a green bag which mum had put high in the computer room. so when I looked up, and remembered that I actually had that greenbag, I gave it a search and Voila: Digital Camera and charger are now in my suitcase.

Mum had come home by that time, and we finished off watching the recorded Dr Who episodes, to which left the Doctor receiving the call from Gallefrey and having to abandon Sarah at some unexplained place in London.

That finished up at around 10:30/11pm. With having to wake up about 5:30 in the morning, that didn't leave me much time to get some sleep, but I guess that was my fault for not having found my camera days before and putting it in a place where people could nick it, because putting something in a safe place is stupid. You can never find the friggin things when you want them, because they're Safe.

---

It's 0819 now and I've gotten my boarding pass and my ticket and gone through security, and had my supposedly "random selection test" and now I'm just waiting outside my gate to fly out. There's kids everywhere, so I'm a little worried. And I've given Jenny a call to say that I'm okay.

According to the girl at the counter, one or both of my Delta flights are overbooked, so when I get there I won't be in the same seat as I was meant to be on. So I may get a better seat, or I may get a worse seat. I don't think I'll get a worse seat, but that's because I thought I had ordered cattle class. I haven't always been correct about everything before today so I'll understand it when I get my Delta Tickets in LA.

That's one thing I don't want to have to deal with. The street people. I don't want to talk to them, I just want to walk past and get to my flights. It's all I want. I don't want your preachy books about self help or finding your way to God, and I definitely don't want you to stalk me to the counter where I get my tickets trying to offer me a book about Life Improvements through Crystals because it'll help some starving kids. Not interested, so get the fuck away from me.

---

It's 0117 am in Australia. But it's like 0817 here in LA. The main difference is that it's still Friday here. You can call me Doc Brown, now, for I have TRAVELLED BACK IN TIME!

So the flight wasn't too shabby. A lovely lady was next to me with her daughter, and she mostly kept to herself. But the food? Well I had a Pumpkin Ravioli for one of the courses, and pancakes for breakfast this morning (with Orange Juice, Yogurt and something else that was really yummy) but at one stage they gave me a chicken roll. I Dunno what was wrong with it, but it's probably the worst single bite of anything I've ever had. I felt ill for the rest of the flight.

The worst part? I missed the garbage run, so I had to keep it on me for the better part of the flight. Sitting there and STINKING. Ugh. It was the worst part of the trip next to my neck. I planned on playing my PSP for most of the flight, but I had to stop every half hour or something because my neck just ached and I got a headache. Now, my neck is so far out I feel like a Tasmanian before their operation.

I also lost my pillow! How fucking shit is that! I put it under my feet for a minute, and when I look for it again IT WAS GONE! Bastards.

But I have two more flights to go. This was just the long run. And I definitely can't wait to get these flights over. I fucking stink.

---

It's 1436 in Australia time, which makes it 1236 in Australia. I have just spent a wonderful saturday with my girlfriend and... well it has been a wonderful catch up.

I don't really need to say much more. Though I would like to say that we found Barcardi 151. The 151 is the proof. Cheesits Crepes, does Jen go red on alcohol. Brighter than a beetroot. Which in actual fact, it isn't hard to do because beetroot is pretty hard.

But you can't beet a root.

Damnit. I think I was trying to keep away from that allusion.

1 comment:

  1. You were doing so well, right up until the second last line!

    Say hi to Jen for me - and enjoy yerselves!

    ReplyDelete