16 September 2014

Destined Tuesdays

Rockin out with my Rifle out
With Destiny now out and the regular changes it makes, I can really start talking about it. And I must say, I'm a little disillusioned with it. It's advertised as an enormous game, like no other before... But it's not that big?

Yes, there are several Zones to the game, and they're very big and intricate, knitted together like your mums crochet blankets, and a seemless transition of instances that can only be noted by the loading or disappearance of other characters. But...

My friend Scotty explained it best. "For a shooter, it's pretty big. For an MMO, it's tiny." And it's true. Though I may be a little spoilt by Borderlands, which I think might be a little bigger in area.

The there's the range of enemies which feel a little limited, and certain ones are very limited. Like Devil Walkers, a fat spider tank that the Jacka- Fallen use. It's pretty badass. But I know of three instances where I can fight one. I would very much so like to fight these mo' fuggas more often. Otherwise, there's about four or five variations of enemies within each of the four factions, not including Elite Units.

But, I shouldn't hold that against them. What I should hold against them is the annoying fucking snipers. Fallen will have Vandals that'll park themselves in the most convenient of places for themselves and while Im busy taking on all the Dregs, and suddenly get clocked in the side of the dial. Same goes with friggin Hobgoblins. Sure I can dick punch them with some counter sniping, but then I have Goblins and Minotaur encroaching and while they may act like Imperial Battle Droids, they're still a bad day in Kalamazoo.

The most fun I've had have been taking down the Bouncy Space Mar- The Cabal. They're big, they're only a little dopey, and seeing their helmets explode off like a Texas Tea Fountain when you Crit-kill them never gets old.

Actually, I lie. The most fun I've had is the Sword of Crota mission, on the moon. Becuase for just a small part of the mission, you run around with a mo' fuggin Sword, kicking Floo- Hive arse and taking names. The sudden change of weapon changes is seemless, because you're still using all the same buttons, but now you're slicing and dicing like a Barbaric Gordon Ramsay at the local Butchers.

I had such a blast, and I'm happy to do that again with friends.

But that's the problem. I'm still in the dark age, so to speak, roaming through the solar system on my Gho- Sparrow all on my lonesome because my friends have the Playstation 4 version. They've even made a clan that I can't join because I don't have a Playstation copy of the game.

But good thing though, the game has been pretty good in terms of friendly players. They've been as determined as I have in completing goals and turning bosses Swiss. I've even friended a couple because we had this awesome rampage going on doing Strike Playlists.

I should really complete one of those soon.

With this though, along with a 10 year commitment, I do hope they severely expand out the game. Not only with more enemies and environments, but more interesting encounters. That's the most important thing. Because as much as slogging through enemies after enemies can be fun, it's still limited in how much fun can be yanked out. The raids being made available this week should be a nice change of pace, I hope, but I don't know when or how I'll be able to play one of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment