23 September 2014

RAID?!

I walked into the bathroom the other day and saw probably the hairiest bug I'd ever seen here.  Turns out it was a centipede, barely two inches long, just enjoying itself and waiting for food to toddle out.  I killed it and dropped it off at the pool with some kids, because other kids would have landed in a ditch if Jenny saw it.

But it put me in perspective of what the Raids are like.  If you were a Dungeon Master, looking down on the puny Guardians, blindly walking through the maze that is Destiny's Raid, it would be like watching ants searching for the other end.  Only with more gunfire.

That was what interested me about the raid though.  You get six players, from your friends list or your clan, and you all get thrown into this arena.  Then you figure it out as you go along.  Not solve how to plough through it, but figure out what to do in the friggin first place.  It's a maze that you throw yourself into, and you're on your own.  Abandoned.  Nothing but your friends to help search.

I'm not entirely sure of what goals there are to complete, whether there's a "defend this spot" or "kill this boss".  I'm actually trying my best to avoid spoilers about it so that when I have my moment of jumping in there, I can really enjoy it.

Though, I can only hope it doesn't take 8 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment