24 August 2010

Written on the way out

I just left my girlfriend at the security gate of Detroit Metropolitan Airport. I don't know what to say. i'm going to miss her and our time together, just as much as she is. I may not show it, by not getting all teary as I kissed her goodbye. i didn't even look back, now that I think about it. I don't know if she walked to her car as quickly as possible, or waited for me to take one last look at her. I took my last look as I kissed her goodbye and thanked her for wishing me well on my flight, looking into those sad, beautiful eyes.

It has been the most amazing two weeks I've ever had. And I don't want to wait until january to see her again. I don't want to stay away from her more than I have to. I just want to run back and catch her as she's driving out of the carpark and tell her to drive home with me so i can sleep with her next to me for a few more hours.

I just need those few more hours again. That's it. Just a few more hours. And at the end of those hours i'll demand more. And more. Just a few more hours I'll keep saying, over and over. Next thing I know, it'll be january and she'll be snuggling up to me more and more as it gets colder and colder. I'll cuddle her more and more and we won't leave her apartment for ANY reason.

Just a few more hours and I'll be fine. I won't need to cry. I will feel satisfied. More than satisfied.

I know she's still in the carpark, crying to herself, knowing that I'm so far away and that home will be so empty without me, feeling more alone than she has ever been.

"This is harder than divorce" she told me last night. I'm willing to believe her. This is hard. Extremely hard. I don't want to go to the house with that empty bed. I want to go home to where she is. It's as simple as that.

I Love her.

4 comments:

  1. I Love you so very very much. This is so beautiful and it means so much to me.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (I waited. I waited until you gone and I couldn't see you anymore).

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was beautiful, Medway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I have not even met you yet and you two sound like you belong together. Start saving so you can see her sooner than later. I am so glad that you love Jenny. She is a beautiful person.

    ReplyDelete