14 October 2010

In the month of October

Just over two months ago I met the most wonderful woman. She was nervous, and excitable, but had a charming smile and a small skip in her step that was happy to have proven the dark side of herself wrong. She walked over to me in what seemed like slow motion. I took her all in, her smile, her hair, her body. She was wonderful.

I thought back to the day we first spoke, at the Burger gathering, how cute she sounded and how funny she was. I wanted to know more about her, to find out what make her who she is.

Almost eight months later, we finally met and she was exactly what I had grown to know and Love. Things were a little nervous on the way home, and I tried my best to break off as much ice as I could. It was easy to crack, to make her giggle and laugh, which I still love to hear. She told me about all the things she wanted to do while I was there, of all the people that I'd get to meet. I marvelled at some of the things that her home had different to ours back home, and she taught me so much that I didn't know.

Halfway through the two weeks I had with her, we had our 8 month anniversary. We were still boggled at how we lasted so long, how strong our relationship had become. We were even proud of ourselves, having found each other by chance and doing what so few have been able to do before. We marvelled at the fact, and smiled as we held hands across the dinner table.

I'm still stuck on the day after, the morning after she picked me up from Detroit, finding myself reaching over and looking for her before realising that she's actually still in Kalamazoo. Before I get sad, I reach over to my phone every morning to remind her that I love her, just as she walks out of the doors of her work.

It's harder and harder each day to face a day without her, but I appreciate that I can still message her of a morning and of a night. She brightens my day, just knowing that she still loves me.

At the time of this posting it has been exactly 10 months since Jenny and I first met, since we first began this amazing ride together. In two months, we will be at an entire year. This really has been a wonderful year, an exciting year with new challenges and wonderful adventures throughout. And I'm glad it has been Jenny that has been there with me.

Happy 10 month baby

1 comment: