19 October 2010

Merc Minis part 2 – rules and alternative game options

Now I'm looking over the rules for Mercs. It's interestingly complicated while keeping things to a minimum. You have to get a D10 for each figure, and I'd recommend D4s for tracking health, a few counters and you get a card. The card is used for everything, from movement to firing range, to attack templates, which is very different to the usual Tape Measuring that I've experienced in the past.

I'm quite liking the game and I'm starting to wonder what sort of alternative scenarios one could do. I mean, given a few undead or zombie figures and design a table of a shopping centre and you can make a zombie scenario with a few special rules.
Players start on one end, and a target starts on the other (A civilian they've been hired to save). In the middle of the right and left sides are zombie spawning locations.

Zombies have 1 Blood (HP for those playing at home), one or two move points, and a low melee attack that increases as more are in attack range of a player. Zombies can't Snap.

Weapons don't fire through shelves, and grenades that normally don't do damage (like an ice grenade) simply deal 1 Blood (Damage) to zombies.
Well that's an easy scenario to think of because zombies, like cheese, goes with everything. And because I play Warmachine I can grab some Mechanithralls or Alexia's Risen models to play because they're all 30mm bases too.

If they had rules for 40mm bases, that'd be cool, because then I could get some Brute Thralls and use them for special hard-to-kill targets. Iiinteresting.

No comments:

Post a Comment