09 October 2010

Life and times

*yawn* It has been a very very long week. The amount of sleep I want, and have even gotten, has been through the roof. I spent all last weekend snoozing through the warm sunlight that we had, and that was having a 3 day weekend thanks to asking for a 'personal day'. I was meant to be preparing for the move I have to perform in less than a week, but I haven't really done much in that respect. I cleaned up a little, washed my clothes, put some DVD's in a box, put some figures into another box, and that was it. I was lost otherwise, and spent most of my time pacing around the room thinking "I know I should be doing something, but I don't know what to do".

My room isn't a horrid mess or anything, but there's lots of iddy biddy things all over the place. The place I'm moving into looks good, and because Dee has bought the place, she has put up a reasonable digit for rent which isn't too far from what I'm paying now. She's looking for a third person to move in, so instead of having me pay half the rent, she has lowered it to something more reasonable until we get the third person in. In which case, the overall goes up and my share goes down.

What's going to be great about this place, aside from being a townhouse that has one neighbour because the other sides are a Tennis Court and a School Footy field and that the different train station I have to go to is the same distance as where i am now to my current station, is that I'll have a wardrobe to use. A wardrobe man! At the moment, I've got this shitty Ikea thing that is only good for hanging my wallet and keys from, and doubling as a long bedside table!

It's the simple things in life...

I AM going to have to get myself that Desk I always wanted and bookshelf. My collection is slowly growing and I really just want to have them easily accessable rather than having them hide in the TV unit that Richard and Mel gave me. Same thing with my games, I want to put them into a fucking shelf, rather than have them piled up next to the respective consoles.

My eyesight is starting to worry me. I think it's the low light that i'm regularly subjected to at work and at home. Work's lightbulbs, those long cylindrical ones that I've forgotten the name of, and the light here at home are both rather dull. I can hardly see the floor when the light at home is on, and it doesn't help that I've got visual snow too. Seriously, can't look at black and see just black. It's like TV on bad reception. It could just be the sleep though, because my eyes are starting to ache a little every so often. Could be I need a new prescription on glasses too, I dunno. I've only had them for... 2 years I think? I'm not sure. I know it's at least a year.

Today I was meant to go out with mum and see a movie. I'm pretty sure we were meant to, but I think mum forgot? Or I told her not to? I don't know. I just know she's not here, and that's a little inconvenient because I wanted to grab some boxes from the local self storage place so I can do some packing over the week. Then come saturday, i get my bro-in-law with my Ute, that i'm legally not allowed to drive becuase I'm still on my L's, and we just do a few trips and Bam. Just like last time and the time before.

The only thing we really have to worry about is the rain. Which came almost torrentially on thursday night/friday morning. Well, maybe not Torrentially, but there were torrents involved. There was a lot of it, okay?

Then there's Nats party that I'm going to that night. I have my clothes pretty much picked out, and I must remember Jennys present to Nat. Jenny got a block of chocolate, and now Nat gets her return present sooner than later.

Jenny and I are doing really well. I'm actually going to leave the ambiguity of that line open, because it's all true.

Video games are video games. I've been playing Borderlands incessantly trying to work my way up to max level. It's really hard getting up to level 61. Level "Hurr Hurr" 69 is going to be nuts when the download comes to allow everyone to that level.

But that's my life at the moment. Nothing else has been happening except being that little bit more exhausted than usual and money pouring out of my pockets like piss through a seive.

3 comments:

  1. Moving on any level is a royal pain in the freckle. Don't feel bad, everyone suffers from brainfart during this time. Furniture is always fun, going back to ikea? Think of it as a 3D puzzle and go early and grab a cheap and questionable breaky while you are at it. Hopefully someone will be country hopping again, maybe Jenny's turn to visit you one day?
    Go and get your eyes checked, it's not worth the drama if there is something suspect going on, get it looked at ASAP. Please?
    It's amazing just how busy we seem from day to day and as the old saying goes:
    "Suddenly, nothing much at all happened."
    Good luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually kinda like moving in a strange way. It means change and interesting things happening.

    I'll see what I can do about going to the Optomitrists soon.

    Cheers, DD!

    ReplyDelete