01 June 2011

The Horror

I've seen things man. Things you wouldn't have dreamt. Things that haunt them and make you wake up in a cold sweat wondering where the fuck you are.

Actually, it was a lifetimes worth of Dust. And a Mouse Skeleton.

Mum asked me a few weeks ago to have the day off today to help with the carpet. Well, that worked out to be quite the interesting venture, didn't it. We had sorted out the majority of the rooms, so we thought, but really it was no place for the guy to work. So we had to clear out the entire rooms. Mums room the only exception due to her Bed because it is far too big to put out into the hallway.

So we cleared out as much room as possible and shoved whatever we could into various other rooms. And lo and behold, the dust is blanketted so thick that if you sweep it off your hands won't be dirty, but you'll have a nice thick piece of 'wool' to pick up and toss into the bin.

Though we did find some pieces of treasure here and there. When mum had the Divider torn down, we found some newspapers underneath dated from 11 December 1977. I don't know if Mum has kept them, but it was pretty amazing to see a very impressive Barbeque set for $139.

Then there's a few old photos that mum found tucked away under my sisters bed. The photos varies over the many many years, and I had to send a photo of me and my sister standing in front of the tree out front for my first day of school. I knew she'd like how cute I was, and how tight my shorts were. Even I'm amazed I was able to fit into them.

Overall, it was a pretty successful day aside from the almost destroyed computer desk of mums. It's an Ikea one, and the guy yanked it out the wrong way and it all tore apart. Mum, my sister Penny and I were stuck for about an hour trying to put it back together. After banging my head on a corner a few too many times, and some really confusing teamwork, we finally got it back together.

The day ended with all but one bedroom and a sliver of the loungeroom untouched. That'll get sorted out tomorrow, which will be good because I would rather not have to sleep on the couch for more than one night.

No comments:

Post a Comment