27 June 2011

ITZ MA BIRFDAY

And what a day it was. I did exactly what I wanted and everyone else did what I wanted.

And what I wanted was to do practically nothing, talk to my girlfriend, and get showered with well wishes, and everyone else have a cracker of a daythemselves. AND IT ALL HAPPENED!

I had a lovely morning with my girlfriend, who wrote a wonderful blogpost, I spent most of the day watching TV with mum, I even played “Sonic 4” and “Sonic Generations” in celebration for Sonic's 20th Anniversary the other day (Dad's been hogging the tv and disappeared on Sunday to a mates place), and then at the end I turned on Fox Classics to watch James Bond movies (“Dr. No” and “From Russia With Love”) before giving Jenny one last call and going to bed.

The best parts were the food. Late Breakfast was Bacon, Eggs, Mexican Beef Steak and Baked Beans, and then for dinner we had Pork in some sort of Cranberry and something Marinade, served with Mashed Potato and Veges. Then for dessert, the lovely and wonderful Tash baked a cake, and it was a very goooood cake.

That was not the only celebration, though. The Friday before was spent playing Bloodbowl with the lads and having a drink of a 15 year old Dalwhinnie. It's quite a nice Scotch, very smooth. The week before was a 12 year old Glenmorangie, another rather nice Scotch, while playing Settlers of Catan.

That was a night of new experiences for me. For one, I hadn't really drunk Scotch like that before. The only other Scotch I'd drunk was Chivas Regal with coke on a whimsical night. And it was also the first time I had played Settlers of Catan. That was really fun.

So far it has been a pretty awesome birthday. I'm disappointed I couldn't go to the Mana Bar for the Sonic 20th Anniversary thing they did. Could've won something awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment