17 January 2012

My Top Games of 2011


I recently read a blog post about what they considered their top games of 2011. So I figured I'd have a crack at it based on the few games I bought/Received that were released the same year. And because there were so few games, I figured I'd go with my top Seven. Cos there were only Seven games I bought.

Number 7: Halo Anniversary [360]

Halo Anniversary is pretty much what I remember it to be, except prettier. And I like that. My favourite level has always been The Silent Cartographer and remains to be, just now it's prettier. I would have liked to have seen an option to implement the modern system into the old halo levels, see how different the game would play as such, but you can't get everything. Still, Skulls and Achievements are a nice bonus.

Number 6: Skylanders [PS3]

It's a fun game, great for playing with kids, but I wouldn't say it was a ground breaking game in regards to Graphics or Storyline, but the Gimmick is really cool. The downside to the Gimmick? Well I've run out of batteries twice now since I've gotten it, so if they had given it a USB power source in addition to the batteries, I would've been much happier.

Number 5: Crysis 2 [PS3]

I liked Crysis 1, even if it was a little long. The Alien invasion idea is a great concept, and continuing on the story had a lot of appeal to me. to find out what is happening in other parts of the world as the whole place gets dug up from underneath makes me curious. But the game execution focuses better on Stealth and Assassination than alternating options. Not to mention, using a Pistol makes it a little too easy.

Number 4: Sonic Generations [PS3]

I may have mentioned that I am a massive fan of Sonic. Sonic is my childhood hero. So positioning may be a little biased. But I wanted to pick up Sonic Generations. And my only disappointment? The PS3 version has a controller lag. Everything about the game being a mad rush to get to the end without losing all your rings? It's all there, just the way I remember. If not a little quicker.

Number 3: Deus Ex: Human Revolution [360]

This, funny enough, came at the right time. I had a hankering for a scifi stealth RPG game and, with little idea what Deus Ex was going to be like except that I'd be running around as a Neo cosplayer, I got what I wanted. I had that urge saited. It was impressively tricky, well written and fun. I agree that the bosses, aside from the final boss, are a little disappointing, but cool none the less.

Number 2: Tactics Ogre - Let us Cling Together [PSP]

I have been really getting into this game again recently and I found that the story line becomes significantly different depending on the choices you make. Massive changes to what encounters your characters do, and what happens in the world itself. The story is significantly huge and I am astounded at how impressive it is.

Number 1: Gears of War 3 [360]

Favourite game by far. A little biased because the first two games are fantastic by themselves and the story is magnificent, but goddamn. Gameplay wise, it's still the same game it was in 2006 but for a few new features, weapons and a small changes (Such as the hammerburst reload) but the gameplay is much more hectic and playing campaign with more than 1 friend is fantastic. And getting into Horde is that much more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment