14 February 2012

Skorne Ponderings


A few years back, I was playing Skorne for Hordes. They were pretty fun, with odd combos but I felt a significantly unnerving disadvantage towards the other factions, such as a lack of damage or just being unable to out-manoeuvre my opponent. They didn't have the same feel as Khador, and so I stepped out of playing Skorne and rolled back to the Old Faithful Motherland.

That was back in the MKI days. Things have changed since then, but I am well engrossed with my Khador stuff that I hesitate to consider going back to Skorne again. Or even to Farrow, whom I thought to myself as my new Hordes Faction since they played differently and possibly a little more to my own taste in play. That fell a little flat for other reasons.

Now one thing that has gotten me engrossed with Khador again is the variety of Warcasters. I'm mixing and matching all over the place. I haven't picked up Irusk in quite a few months simply because I'm playing other Warcasters, such as Harkevich, Zerkova and Strakhov. I've yet to pull out Epic Vladimir Tspesci as I haven't found him. (I know exactly where he COULD be)

So to this effect of playing different Warlocks rather than a single Warlock regularly, I'll pull out my Battlebox which I've still got hiding somewhere (I may even assemble and paint them too) and start playing some 15 Point games with them of a Sunday. Eventually I may pick up more Warlocks to play at the same points value, but I may save that for after i get my Colossal.

No comments:

Post a Comment