26 November 2012

TAFE is Over

Its been 12 days of fun.  Over the last six weeks I've been learning how to operate a bar, how to make coffee's using the machine, how I should serve drinks, and identifying the correct glasses for what drinks, and now Mum's nagging me about making her some Fluffy Ducks.

Which I found has quite a few different variants.  Mum and I are going to try Cointreau, Advocaat, and Lemonade in the near future.  Should be fun.  Or terrible.  I'll report the results on facebook sooner or later.  At worst, I'm sure we can figure out other things to do with Cointreau and Advocaat.

The funniest part is that we've got some Highball glasses, but they're Sesame Street glasses.  So they'll be cute Fluffy Ducks.

But today we came across something interesting.  Our Teacher brought in some Junkmail, a thing for Dan Murphys, and it had a particularly expensive range of drinks.  One of which was particulary special.

The picture to the side is of the Johnnie Walker Queens Jubilee Scotch.  It's only a small, but gorgeous, bottle, containing a 60 year old Scotch.  And the price?  $200,000.  There are only 60 bottles in the world.

I wish I could get a whiff of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment