26 April 2014

Bloody DevilBowl

"Boss, wots dat Skwid doin?"
I am currently in my first Blood Bowl League, playing through the Video game with a few American friends and friends of friends that I met through Warmachine.  I don't expect to be able to get like "top player" in this.  In fact, I had my eye on the Wooden Spoon until I won the other night, but in losing out on that, I'm going to have as much fun as possible in the mean time.

My team?  Orks.  Because I love Orks.  Anyone who knows me well enough would say "Medway?  Ork Player."

So here I am, playing my Orks and since I'm playing with American friends, I wanted to exploit the fact that I'm Australian.  So after a bit of thinking, and I only mean a bit, I came up with the Orkstrayans. (STRAYA! WOO!  ORKY ORKY ORKY, OI OI OI!)

Two Black Orks: Ridgy Didge and Aunty Jack.  Aunty Jack is literally my best player.  At the moment of this typing, she has 10 spp all from Badly Hurting people. That's right, she's ripping their bloody arms off

I feel a bit of pride from that lucky coincidence.

I am very excited in playing this, pretty much every week I rock up on a monday night and game on!  I've laughed playing against Khorne while having my arse handed against me.  I cringed playing against Nurgle (He had really unlucky rolls.  Like so bad, he lost his tough fkn monster this game, and the next from me singling it out...).  And I still have a bunch of matches to go which I'm excited to play.

It's a frustrating game.  It's a game that you get so fucking angry at dice rolls.  Like blowing your sneakers, you know it could fucking happen when you really need it the most.  Or just spending a minute trying to figure out what your first move will be when you have no rerolls and are under the very real impression that you could roll one or more Skulls, knocking you on your arse before you even start doing anything.

But that's the charm of the game.  You rage at those fucking dice.  You jump up and down as you fail to pick up a ball, with a reroll, but you just can't lift that slippery fucker because looking at Nurgle Warriors is like hammering a nail through your scrotum, and because it's raining.  Two very big negatives.  But you rage at your tiny chances and carry on like a twit on Facebook about it because that's what you do between games.

I can't wait for more games, I want to see the lads back home set up the Blokenstein League, and I am just happy I'm getting some fun gaming on.

Is there anything I don't like?  It would have to be the post game.  I don't like having to log into the game just to assign abilities and change my lineup.  It's all stuff that could easily be done through a Web Page, or even a tablet app.  It's a simple thing that i hope Blood Bowl 2 will apply.

No comments:

Post a Comment