14 September 2009

Attendance: Success

Saturday the 12 September: "STILL KICKIN!" monpoc tournament event. Due to the absence of our usual organiser, I volounteered to run it in his Stead.
It went off with only a few hitches.
For one, there were only 5 people that attended. Rethy and Severeddog didn't appear which was sad. I like Rethy. We flirt in our games. Meatshield was missing his attendance due to work, which was fair enough.
But that was alright.
The next hitch relates to the prize kit. We didn't know where the heck it was. Couldn't find it at all. Ended up having to call the shop owner to find it. At the same time, I bought 2 unit boosters of monpoc to spread out as prize kits!
We ended up with a Harbinger Comet Shard, a Sun Industries Building, 2 Tanglix (Grunt and Elite), 2 Anti-Air tanks (Grunt and Elite), and some other stuff that I have long since forgotten.
Meatshield should feel so jealous. He loves his anti-air tanks as much as I love Mogroth.

Speaking of Mogroth, I played Mogroth for a game that day. Because I stepped out (I don't know why), I was playing the people with the Buy. First game was against Josem and I was playing Mogroth/Ultra, just for the sake of it, against her Zor-Magna/Mega on Crossroad Crunch.
With a fairly good set of positioning of Towers of Corruption, I kept myself clear of blast and brawl/power attacks until she finally approached and power attacked me from behind.
Lost my form in one go, but made a pretty good comeback and ended up winning...
I'm still trying to peel the dirty away from my skin. It's just not natural that he won!

Anyway, the second game was with Mega Ancient Osheroth against Tyrranix. It was a practice run for Doc and his Tyrranix. It was the first game he had, fresh out of the wrapping too.
Doc has first turn. When it came to his monster turn, he tried to take advantage of some... precarious positioning of my behalf.
What would have been 3/4 damage on the first round ended up being 3 damage to him, thanks to a disappointing miss. You'd think an Egg Beating would make me suffer, especially an Egg that can Penetrate you.
Wait... What?

I ended up with a victory, thanks to a Meatslave and a Cthulubite standing next to Ultra Tyrranix, who swatted them straight at Ancient Osheroth while being shot by Osheroth and his "Feeding Frenzy" ability on his blast. That's Super, thanks for asking. The same thing was said about Tyrannix's swats with the Crunch ability.

All in all, they were both good games. I learnt that Mogroth can win sometimes, and Tyrannix is still just plain cool. Especially when doing an air banjo duet with your opponent.
Dukes of Hazzard driving Trucks, crossed with a giant Triceratops? Heck yeah. And they can all be surrounded by Mystery Machines too!

Here's a question: How does an Egg summon a Mystery Machine? And just as curious: How does a Brontox summon a Mystery Machine?
It's a Riddle, wrapped in an Enigma, floating in a Mystery Machine.

So with that, the day came out pretty well.
But it put me in the mood for more competitions.
The store owner wants more people to play monpoc, and wants more people to buy stuff so that he can lose some of the stock he has piled up.
But what to do? We have tournaments with prize kits occur every couple of months, but nothing more than that.
So what's the answer?
More Unofficial Tournaments, less prize kits and pre-registration. There will still be a $5 fee to put towards a small prize pool. So all I really have to do is organise with old mate a regular schedule to play. Every second sunday? Sure. Should be easy enough to organise.

I'm not sure what to call it.
But maybe add in a few faction specific bonuses for the next event, or maybe even just general bonuses.
Like: If you destroy/crush one or more units in a turn, you gain a power-die at the end of your turn.
Or: If you destroy an opponent's form from full health in one attack, they lose power die equal to the amount of buildings/hazards they collided with.

I like it.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, I like our flirting matches too. Haha

    Count me in for second sunday stompings, rawr

    ReplyDelete