18 April 2010

The Tasmanian Babes Fiasco

I actually thought he signed it "Swanky"
The Saturday was spent having the most wonderful conversations with Jenny, who was so totally jealous that she couldn't go to TBF, and playing Splinter Cell Conviction. I won't go into Splinter Cell because 1: “People think me talking about games is turning this site into rubbish” (Jubs and Michelle), 2: I'm saving that for a different post (haha suckers), and 3: This is about the Tasmanian Babes Fiasco.

Being the little technophile that I am, I keep up with things like Twitter, a website for Text-message sized Status Updates. And being friendly with some of the crew of Tasmanian Babes Fiasco, I saw this funny little gem.

“Hey guys, I'm just at the hospital, I was in a car crash but I'll be fine.”

Not an exact quote, but you get the idea. So she was instantly bombarded with Tweets and Facebook comments asking if she was alright. Turns out she just got whiplash and a dinged up car (Btw, awesome site makeover).

Come to the night, Scotty, Dee and I played passenger to Richard's Driving to the play. Already there was Kel, Aaron and Caryl, waiting for us to turn up, and Anna and Christian were down at Caxton Street having dinner before the show started at 8.

So in I walked, saying a quick hello to got my tickets and had a nice chat to the Ticket Booth lady about my awesome name: “Enjoy Medway”. She said “Oh, that's an interesting name” and we had a good laugh. I also picked up, at an additional $3, a Tassie Babes program. And, from kel's Idea, I went up to Shaun and said “Mister King, Mister King! Can you sign my Program?” This is funny because Shaun is a mate of Kel and I.

Afterward, we waited at the gate while Dee had her cigarettes outside the gate and I waited inside with my Jimmy and Coke and Nat came through the gates to say hi and to tell me that she was okay, and I gave her the hug from Jenny, and Nat also taught me something new: When you're suffering from Whiplash, you avoid bedrest. This really surprised me for some reason, but it makes sense. If you work your muscles they won't tense up, which sitting in bed will let them do and evidently prevent them from healing quickly. You learn something new every day.

The Play itself was great. I loved it all. I do think I ruined it for myself a little by reading the book about a month ago and having a fairly good memory for things, I laughed at some things that nobody else laughed at. Such as when they found the air tank.

“Kaboom” is all I'll say for those who understand.

After saying Good work to Shaun and Nat, and making a bit of an ass of myself and apologising for it (Sorry again!) my tribe of friends all toddled off to drink more. I came across a packet of Original Flavour Doritos, and I must say that something has to be said about mixing Rum with Doritos.

Don't.

8 comments:

  1. Shaun "Arian" King? Am I thinking of the same bloke? Who did he play?

    Rum and Doritos: eeeyyeeww.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, Mr Flinthart. He had the honour of play JB, essentially one of the main characters of the play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Medway - thanks again for coming along, I'm glad you enjoyed the show. And thanks for my hug from Jen!

    Didn't realise you knew Shaun - yes, he's essentially the main character and I'm not surprised Flinthart knows him. :)

    As for my "dinged-up" car - well, I haven't got the official assessment yet, but from what I've been hearing, the phrase is "Gone to Toyota heaven". Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, I'm sorry for your loss, GC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey dude! We're going as the Peppers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Six socks between the two fellas and their witches hats.

    ReplyDelete