14 April 2011

Has it been Six months already?!

Apparently it has. And as of 16th April, I have 1 month to get my arse out of dodge.

Okay, so saying it like that makes it sound like this is a horrible place to live. It really isn't, it's a pretty sweet place. Not far from public transport, particularly a public transport that drops me a few hundred metres away from the front door of the office, rather than about a kilometre.

But relationships take priority, and the landlady is in a pretty good relationship. So good that when the beau asked to move in together, she laughed in his face. Then when he assured her he was serious, she got into a reverie of excitement and panic.

The condition though, and I'm not sure who put up this condition, was that they live together Alone.

So the landlady sat us down and told us the situation and said that she'd sign us up for monthly contracts until we found a new place, and we wouldn't have to worry about the “breaking contract” hassle.

After that I had to think about what I would do about moving. I never really thought I'd be thinking about moving again so soon. Six months legs it faster than a busted meth addict. So I had a quick thought about it and then jumped onto Facebook and asked if anyone was looking for a Roomie.

A little while after, I'd received offers from Penang and Ottawa, even with a home office and access to conventions and girlfriend respectively. But I was also told to move back in with Mum.

This confused me at the time because I thought Dad was moving back from Townsville. The Old Coot moved up there for work because he had disagreements with the mob he was with down here. So he put in a transfer and moved far up the coast.

But over the past year, probably longer, his age and health have really tackled him to the floor and started pummelling him. He's losing his mind because his cholesterol is apparently clogging up the veins to his brain, so he's made mistakes at work such as banging up cars, or driving off down the road with a half loaded trailer of unchained cars and the ramps still down and sparking on the ground.

On top of that he's apparently been having mini strokes, so now his face is half sloped and he's barely comprehensible. At least that's what his sister said when she called me up after visiting the old boy.

Eventually it was decided that Dad was to return to Brisbane so that we can take care of him. Dad said he wanted to drive down himself, but after being told No several times over mum organised to have him come down with one of the trucks.

Dad has other plans. He doesn't want to move back down apparently, so he's coming down just to sign a few docos before going back up on the next truck up.

So that leaves me an open bed to park myself in. Now 6 months ago, I was hesitant to move back in with Mum for a few reasons. But thinking about it again, it's not too big a deal. It's mostly the money I'd be concerned about, and I think I might be able to save a few dollars living with mum again. Nothing too substantial, but still its better than nothing.

And I have to get Jenny over here, so extra dosh is good dosh. Now I have to wait about 4 weeks before I can move in with Mum because my eldest sister is moving house and parking her gear in mums place as well, then one of Mums friends wants to have a night down at the pub and crash at mums place, especially convenient since she's about 400m down the road from it.

I'm not the only one who has the bright idea of moving in with parents, because Dick'n'Mel are doing much the same but for different reasons.

About a month or two ago, Richard was finally given his final notice at work and has since sustained himself on his payout figure and Mel's income. That didn't last long though, as Mel left her job a week or two ago because she was sick of it.

So now they're moving in with Mels parents because they can't afford to live where they are, and Richards parents have no room. And to boot, Mels parents currently reside in Townsville. So they're moving across the country. Their plan is to move in with Mels parents who are trying to sell their house and move down to Toowoomba, so Dick'n'Mel will be going down with them. Mel will find a job there and Richard will start study again.

I feel they've given up and taken the easy way out. But, it's their choice so I'm leaving them to it and helping where I can.

So that's the latest happenings. It's fun and games after that, so game on.

No comments:

Post a Comment