06 December 2009

Tattoos

"So do you have any Tattoos?"

"I do have one across my back," he replies with a coy smile. "I'd have to show you another time."

"That's okay," she replies, curling her burgundy hair behind her ear. "What's it of?"

"A Dragon and a Tiger circling each other to fight."

"And why did you get that?"

"Family Zodiac. I'm born the year of the Tiger, my sister the year of the dragon, and we're both Cancerans."

"You believe in the Zodiac?" her curiosity piqued.

"It's amazing how accurate it is," he affirms, placing his hands on the mat between them. "Dragons are voracious when it comes to attention, getting as much as it as possible. Because of being a Canceran, she reacts to it according. Positive attention gives positive reaction. It's like Gold.

"The Tiger is not quite the same. They don't tend to approach people, but they're very approachable in a very relaxed, and laid back way. Being Canceran, they react with people in much the same way, but only requires a catalyst of some sort."

"Ah, okay," she replies, drinking in every word. "So you're in need of a catalyst?"

"That I am," he answered. "Something that will improve my life."

"So why are they about to fight?"

"Well, the circling is to represent the symbol for Cancer, the numbers six and nine tilted to the side. Yin and Yang, even. The fight is because both the Tiger and the Dragon are fierce when around each other, because they are age old opponents. Chinese history has always had the Tiger fighting the Dragon. We did the same thing. We fought as kids almost every other day, and usually about the most pathetic of things."

"But she's still your sister?"

"Of course. And we're much better now that we don't see each other every day," he laughs.

"So why are you looking for a catalyst?" she inquires.

"Well quite frankly, I'm boring. I want someone who can spark some energy within me and make things exciting," he explains. "And being a Tiger, I don't feel right approaching people so that makes things difficult."