06 December 2009

The Wild Things are brats

Lessee. The Week at work was as stressful as usual, running around like a chook with its head cut off. But luckily I got my extended holidays approved. 4 weeks, champs. And already a week of it is planned to look after Mums place. Mum is headed to Cairns for about 10 days, and I volunteered ages ago to look after the house.
I'd completely forgotten about it until Mum mentioned it the other day. Whoopee

The weekend was alright.
Friday night D&D got two encounters than the usual one encounter and a couple hours of blathering on about whatever happened during the week. This weeks primary topic is Hordes MK2. Aarons Opinion is that the Hero Sucks. Everything else? Great. Not a problem in the world. He was unsure about the change for Champions, but after a few games with them he is more than happy.
Scotty has his problem with the "Role Confused" Seraph, who recieved a bonuses to his stat line for melee abilities, such as an Increased MAT and P+S for his melee weapon, and became a Heavy Warbeast.
I'm sorry, but what's the problem? Yes, it's still expensive. That's fair enough. It was a very influential figure in MK1, and may stay the same in MK2. But it's still in field test mode and your feedback may actually change something.
With the change to Wings/Flight, if you're tied down by a warjack of some sort then you don't have to worry about not being able to fight back. It's P+S 14 with critical poison for those Living Warbeasts you will probably fight. It may stop you from shooting your Strafe attack for a turn, but you know what? It will really cost them what they sacrifice, lest they string off a few unit figures at you and you don't decide to take a free strike so you can shoot the lot of them with Strafe.
*Shrug* that's just my opinion.

So Skarburn, the Ex-Male Orc, Ex-Elf, Now-Female Goblin, Bisexual, Halberd-wielding Barbarian with Multiple Accent Syndrome (Usually something European, or occasionally Jamaican), is still a Goblin and is on the way to returning to be an Orc. I have to get 10 criticals during the next couple of encounters (For those who don't know, it's rolling a 20 on a 20-sided dice). I'm down to 8 now.

Saturday was Alex's birthday, Alex being Kel and Tash's Youngin. He's turned 1 and had an exciting time seeing lots of people around.
I'd like to point out that the Rissoles that were cooked up were delicious.
Most of Kel's mates were there, most of whom I recognised from previous events, such as Greg and Miranda, Owen and I can't remember if I'd met Jason before.
When I started talking to Greg he began with something simple.
"Hey Medway, do you play Bloodbowl?"
"No, sorry."
"Well you do now."
So I'll probably find a way to pick up Bloodbowl somewhere along the line. Humph has a Vent Server and Facebook is good for organising a good night with everyone (Which is apparently Sunday or Monday around 8pm).
It sounds fun.

Sunday confused me for a while. For starters, I went with my Mum and Sister to go see "Where the Wild Things Are". Fair enough, Mum's a kid at heart, and it seemed like an interesting movie.
But it doesn't really seem like it's for kids. I suspect that they won't understand it. It's lots of yelling about things that are very childish, such as not liking someone because you think the person you like likes them more.
Kids would leave without understanding what happened.

Looking up on Wikipedia (I'm lazy, everyone cites alot of information from Wiki) turns out it wasn't a movie FOR kids, but ABOUT kids. Explains my bewilderment.

The other confusing thing was that my body randomly tensed up for the rest of the day. I even went home early because I couldn't relax and kept stretching to try and feel better, but that didn't work. So I slept through the better part of Sunday.

Now it's Monday. Tonight is roast dinner with Mum and Sister. Tomorrow night is a Monpoc Tourney for Mega Incinerus. I'm having dinner with a friend sometime this week. I'm starting my holidays at the end of this week.
I went to the shops today and saw Kristy, one of the girls from Zone Fresh. She's a little more tanned since I last saw her, and she asked my name. It has bugged her for a little bit, and now she knows. Apparently she doesn't know many Matthews, so she is one of the few people that calls me Matthew. Or Matt. Whatever.

3 comments:

  1. Bloodbowl is terrific. If I can get myself (and the time diff) sorted I'll be able to play with you guys. My team are Orks, 'The KnobStompers'.

    I reckon the way PPress dealt with the LoE is brilliant. LoE players were all expecting to be nerfed to hell and primed to whinge up a storm. Instead, PPress basically let them stay disgusting but costed them properly.

    I had been hearing odd things about Wildthings. Not sure I'll see it.

    4 weeks, you lucky bugger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be playing Orks too. The Skarboyz ahaha

    I'm very happy with LoE too. Mostly that they can get tied up in melee. The MK1 rules made them disgustingly frustrating.

    Yeah. I wouldn't diss seeing it, because it's still an interesting movie, but I wouldn't tell you to go out of your way.

    I feel lucky too :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find Orks really shine later in the season. Their high AV gives the terrific survivability so you end up with relatively more highly developed players.

    I also tend to take 'Mighty Blow' as a 1st skill for Blitzers and Black Orks. It increases their odds of causing casualties, which in turn increases the rate at which they get the SPPs needed for a 2nd skill. Linemen get Block 1st, and whatever 2nd.

    Also - you can direct download the game. That is probably the easiest way to get it these days.

    ReplyDelete