08 November 2011

A different sort of Tron

Back in the day, when I were a wee lad, probably about 5 or 6 years of age, I was given some Lego sets as presents and, over time, I have lost the various pieces until it has pretty much completely disappeared. Whether it's a few pieces dropped off at a friends place, or just disappeared into the ether, I don't have a single piece of it now. Though I still have a memory of it.

What I really remembered of it was that it was Red, and it had these massive wheels for bush bashing across a barren planet like Mars. That was all. And I'm sure I had an absolute ball with it while I was young, and with the little Pirate Set I have at work, I want to expand it out to more. Something bigger, but not big enough to cover my desk.



So I did some Google searches. "Mars Lego Vehicle" was the first through Image searches and it came up with nothing except random lego sets from something else entirely. I looked at the wheels and just found everything wrong, wrong and wrong. None of them matched.

I looked up Wikipedia to see where that would take me, and what I found was that there are various different Themes of Lego. Now I already knew this, since I could still see Medieval and space and modern and etc etc etc all around the Lego Aisles in the shops. But series of a theme would only last for a few years at a time, so I figured that the set I was looking for would probably be best found on Fleabay.

Eventually I found it. The M-Tron Series Celestial Forager/Astro Wrecker.



I searched more on it too and I found out that it is also part of a super set called the "Secret Space Voyager", which has me curious and I want to build it. Too bad I don't have any money.

No comments:

Post a Comment