22 February 2010

Erin inthePumpkinwithDiamonds

She ain't no Cabbage Patch doll. She has flavour, and substance.
You can mix her with things without going "Why does my food taste like snot?"
She can be used for a variety of things. Jack-o-Lanterns are the least of her talents.

At midnight, she does change into a pumpkin. Not to say she gets fat and has a weird hairdo. Actually, this analogy will turn out badly no matter where I go. Transformation into a pumpkin isn't exactly cool.

At least it's not a cabbage. Nobody wants to wake up next to a cabbage. * Shudder *

She's Smart. One of the smartest girls I know. She graduated uni just last year and turned 21 a month later. She has been working at a Charity Organisation for the Breast Cancer Foundation and plans events all year round. Last I heard, she has 3 on her plate and, while a little frantic, she has them all under control. That's Impressive in my eyes.

She's Funny. She dribbles enough shit to fill a reservoir and all of it is hilarious. The only reason I see her not talking is if she's asleep or dead. If she had a grenade in her mouth and someone was threatening to pull the pin if she didn't shut up, she would debate the consequences of killing her conducting an entire story akin to a butterfly effect. She could blame him for terrorism in Russia because he got annoyed at someone talking. The saying "She could talk the leg off an iron pot" is too... light hearted. Yet you still hang around to see where the story leads.

She's in Love. His name is Jared. And apparently I remind him of himself. He's a cool guy, which is where both Erin and I laugh until we've had kittens. Toadie from the little Rascals is cooler than I am. FFS, I don't think I spelt his name right!
He's outgoing, inventive, and generally quite fun. And he adores her as much as she adores him.
He's hard work for reasons I'm not going to mention here. She loves him and so she deals with it. “Not that it doesn't make it frustrating” she says to me one night when we last talked. The moons must have aligned or something, because it's rare that we synchronise our MSN times and we've done it like three times over the past week.

She's loyal. My week just isn't the same when I don't get berated at least once for my incompetence by her. Our history is kinda funny, but the story is so old that I can't be bothered repeating it here. But we've had our ups and downs and we've become very good friends because of it.

Thanks for being around, Erin.

6 comments:

  1. lucky i am so amazing it took you uhmm....7 years to write such nice words about me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 7? We've only known each other 5 and a half hun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty sure I was 15 when we met, I am now 21. we were both wrong.

    ps. this would of been much better if it was called Erin in the sky with pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lets see. 2004 was when I was repeating grade 12 and met you at chases place halfway through the year. We're reaching 6 years.

    Still feels longer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Careful Medway

    Jen will get jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I warned her about this and said my sorrys before she even mentioned anything :)

    ReplyDelete