22 February 2010

Since Wednesday?

So last week I got a few random gadgets

Wednesday Night, I come home and find a packet on my bed labeled as 'Magnets'. “Fuck yeah!” I said to myself. A few weeks ago, I made an order for “Zen Magnets”. $50 for 432 rare earth magnets the size of ball bearings, with 12 spares. I really enjoyed the Video they have on the main page and it pretty much sold me on how much entertainment it would certainly give me.

Hence why I spent until about 2 am playing with them.

Thursday, I got a call from Aaron while I was at work. “Medway, are you home tonight?” “Yeah, I'm staying home to do some stuff.” (Frankly it was some housework and sleep, I hadn't been sleeping right again) “Cool, the cases arrived today”

When Aaron returned from his US Honeymoon, he said to the boys and I that he was going to shout us each Privateer Press “Battlefoam” cases. Aaron was meant to pick up 2 Warmachine and 1 Hordes Case, however the order came through with 3 Hordes Cases. Although I'm not exactly complaining. I have a great case to keep all my stuff rather than having to carry it all in a dodgy games workshop case and in my bag.

It has pockets for everything I need and some additional extras as well! It's awesome! I can get ALL of my Khador figures into there and have some spare room! And if I take out a tray, I can get books and spare figure stuff into there! For the Man-o-War army I'm doing, I'm going to need another Medium Tray for most of the figures, but Aaron has offered to let me borrow his which is great. I was rather surprised by the ring binder in there which is very nifty, so I've taken advantage of it instead of the massive ring binder folder that I have.

Friday night was D&D night. Richard had to bail because he was headed to T-bar with Mel and drove off that afternoon leaving me in the house alone for that night and all of Saturday, and leaving Me, Scotty and Aaron for D&D.

Scotty and I single handedly role-played and got us rolling on to the next area and into a small encounter. Aaron said to us at the start that it was going to be an easy encounter. But at the moment we're fighting an army of supernatural ogres that pop up every so often, and Skarburn and his father before him are basically charged with helping to defeat this army.

So in this encounter, Skarburn, Azure, Sapphira and an NPC were fighting against Two Ogre Spellcasters and Five Brute Ogres.

First turns, everyone got into position for the second turn, and I was at the top of Initiative. Second turn, I did what Barbarians are meant to do: Charge. So I charged my 12 spaces across the field, aiming straight for the Spellcaster in the rear. They're nasty buggers so I definitely don't want them hanging about.

The least likely thing happens. My charge attack rolled a 20, and instant critical. The damage started off at 43and then added another 2d10 and 3d6. With a slightly above average roll, I ended up with a total damage of 66. Good hit. Now for the second hit, as when a Barbarian hits with a Critical, he gets an extra attack once per turn. So with a second attack, just a standard hit, I killed off the Spellcaster Ogre with a roll of 5 dealing 26 damage. With the death of the Spellcaster Ogre, I receive temporary hit points and use an encounter power to CHARGE AGAIN! This time, after the Grunts since the other spellcaster wasn't present yet. With only being a standard attack, the Grunt takes about 30 something damage.

The damage simply increased as I continued. While I killed about three or four of the enemies there, the hits I made were just phenomenal. And we all kept count of our damage, including hazard damage. And every few rounds, I would give an update on the amount of damage dealt.

By the end of it, it sounded like this: In Third Place, with a very quaint score of 149 is Scotty. Not too far ahead, with an almost well rounded score at 147 is Richard the Sheep. Blowing everyone out of the water is Medway with a Staggering Four-Hundred-And-Two Damage!

I was quite happy with my rolls for the night.

Saturday was spent talking to Jenny and telling her all about Outrageous Fortune, a TV series I watched all night/morning until I knocked off to sleep at 4pm. I only just started the second disc when I realised she was just finishing work in a cranky mood. I amended that quite well.

Then I had a nanna nap, and watched more Outrageous Fortune. Boy is that a good show.

Sunday was Monsterpocalypse. Four people turned up, including myself. That was disappointing, but hey. We all left a little early out of a little exasperation, but gave me a chance for a Nanna nap before Del's Birthday dinner.

I was a little nervous. I hadn't seen Del in a couple of years, and meeting her friends was going to be a little random. But she reserved a place for 10, but unfortunately only 4 other people arrived for her, including myself again. I wrote her name in Zen Magnets and chatted with Bec some more. While it was a good night, it could've been better. All well. Next year will be good.

And now it's Monday. The radio has been changed to 4KQ and I'm about to knock off work. Game on.

Oh, and my thongs broke at work. Bad example for the new girl who has come in.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of your Zen Magnets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous of your Battlefoam case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so Jealous of my D&D Character.

    Waitaminute...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Next year will not be better, 21st on a Monday? Epic shit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So don't have a dinner on monday?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Del, don't sweat your 21st. Mine was LAME. It was on a Wednesday, I had 3 exams during the day and had to work that night. And my boyfriend totally decided to not do anything special for me on my birthday. There was a fire at my workplace that night so I ended up knocking off to a bar and get hammered with my workmates and crying bout my boyfriend.

    LAME. LAME. Yours will be better, so much better.

    ReplyDelete