28 February 2010

"You wouldn't think that cutting the cheese would be difficult."

Is what I said after cutting up cheddar cheese for a toasted sandwich.
Seriously, how hard is it to cut a slice of cheese from the block? I have trouble with that, I always come out with a slice too thick, or half of a really thin slice. It's annoying because too much cheese on a toasted cheese sandwich just isn't that cool.

So life these days is as difficult as can get. Work sucks because I can't keep concentrating on it. Otherwise, I'm busy with other things. This whole week I have had hardly any time to touch myself. Monday was alright. I talked with Jenny for a while and then went to bed.

Tuesday I went to Fastbreak and there has been a new debacle with the Kids at the Gamers Table. A Lad liked this Girl who had massive hints sent towards her for about a week. So he told a Fella because he wanted some advice on it. The night before the Tuesday, the Fella asked out the GIrl. Nobody was happy. And a Guy came in and he's a friend of Chicka, but he didn't apparently speak to her at all so that wasn't cool.

On the brighter side, we may have another Monpoc Player! I was going to give him a demo, but I realised that I don't have enough dice. He'll be there next week though, and I'll give him a demo then!

Wednesday, I went to Ace with the Guy and another Bloke to play some Warmachine/Hordes. That was probably some of the most fun I've had in ages. A good game of Warmachine comprises of not only a good battle strategy, but also a friendly conversation of Smack Talk. And my Smack Talk mood was all about 'Yo Mother'. Boy was it fun. I didn't win either game, but it was fun anyway.

This was also the night I found out the actual plans for my weekend. I was under the impression that this weekend was going to be the weekend I'm at my family reunion. My sister, however, called me up and said "No, it's next weekend. 6th of March."
"Seriously?" I answered in surprise.
"Yeah. It's on Facebook and everything!"
"Wow. That changes everything. I can delay grabbing the tent."
"Yeah don't worry about getting the tent. Dad hired out a Cabin for us."
"Wait, he's actually coming?"
"Yeah, he's going to come down and pick up Mum and we can follow him in my car."
"Wait wait wait, he's picking up Mum? Then driving down with him?"
"Yeah, I know."
"The two of them will tear each others heads off!"

Thursday was gaming with Kel. That's right, I've used someone's name. I've totally ruined the anonymity of this post! We planned to have a game of Warmachine, and I thought I'd give the Butcher Themed List a crack at 35 points. Kel decided to take out Kara Sloan and see how she runs. Now Man-o-War have a reputation for high hit points and high armour. He was running Gun Mages and a few ranged 'Jacks, who are both reasonably hard hitters. Kel ended up winning, as per my gaming record, but it was still good fun. He was intimidated by the Tough-As-Nails list that I have. But while I got some heavy hitters onto Sloan, she survived by my 4 missed attack rolls against her.

Next week, I think we might have a game of Grind using Humphs Grind Set.
Edit: Wait, that might not happen. Kel isn't going to Humphs for a few weeks because work reasons, and I can't remember if last week was his last week or this week is...

Friday night wasn't D&D! No, that was the night I had dinner with Danika. We've been meaning to do this for quite a while so that we could swap Xmas presents that we got for each other. She originally wanted Pride and Prejudice and Zombies but I saw the two and picked up both of them for her. She picked me up Unseen Academicals to read which I'm rather excited to have a read of. She came and picked me up and we drove off to Wagamamas at Chermside.

I told her about what I heard that day so that she could have an outraged giggle at the pathetic things that a particular someone says. So Thursday day, I went to go do the shop run. I go to the back room and talk to the Manager to see if she wanted anything. She wasn't sure what she wanted, but asked if I heard about the Particulars latest Dream. (That's right. Anonymity is back, Bitch) I do warn, that the next paragraph is hidden because it's pretty gross. If you want to read it, highlight the empty space.

[So the dream goes that he was in this non-descript room, and a lady approaches him wearing nothing but a strap on. She asked him if he wants some Fondue. Next thing he knows, he's taking her waterfall of Diarrhea to the face.]

I was trying not to vomit out of laughter and disgust.

The next day, the Friday to be specific, we were talking with the New Girl and telling her about The Particular and I told her that story to get an idea of the stupid shit that he comes up with. A little while later, it was told to The Particular that I informed her. Next thing I know, I get an email.
Oi you fucking dick, why did you tell her about the fondue story?!
Being the smart arse I am, I replied with "I wanted to inform her of your wisdom!"
This is when the Informer, the guy who told The Particular about what I did, turned around and said "Hey Matt, apparently that story wasn't real."

WELL! Wasn't that a surprise. I wasn't told otherwise and now I'm laughing at how stupid it is that it was so believable anyway. The Particular dribbles a lot of shit, and I'm not just talking about the fondue, and he's always talking about his dreams such as creating a Snuff Film, or having 'Lucid Dreams'. It's all extremely stupid shit and we're all getting rather sick of it. So it's not surprising that something like this is Believable from him.

Later again, in the same day, I found out what else The Particular has been saying. Ages ago, he started having a thing for Danika. He was always asking me to hook him up with her and I was like "No, you can fuck off." Danika was having a bad time with guys at the time and he had recently been saying stupid shit like "Oh man, I dunno. I just want a girl to fuck, but just a regular fuck." So I was HEAVILY Inclined to corrupt any chances of him getting with Danika. He had kept nagging and nagging and I told him no and what reasons I had for it, but he didn't believe me. He eventually asked me "Do you have a thing for Danika? Is that why you're not letting me hook up with her?" Out of exasperation, I simply said "Yeees, mate. That's absolutely it." So since then, he's been taking it that way and saying I have a thing for Danika.

Anyway, what he had been saying was that Danika had been hitting on him, and he was all like "Nah, I can't do that to a mate". Danika giggled her little head off, it was that funny and pathetic. The only reason she figured he would get that idea was from when they last spoke, she was being nice and asked about his band. So now he's a Fondue loving desperado.

Danika giggled so much that we almost made a scene in the restaurant. So now we know what to think of The Particular.

Saturday rolled around and it was a happy day. Jen and I were able to talk, after not being able to hear from me since Monday. Text were always being sent, but Skype is better. We spent the day talking about anything and everything until about 4, when I had an hours Nap and went to D&D.

D&D continues to be an annoying point for Aaron by way of my Character Class. I faced 3 ogres and 2 minions, while Richard and an NPC fought Four Ogres and 6 minions. I won, of course, and I understand his gripe, that I'm such an impossible character to kill. I have ways of giving myself Regeneration, or Temporary hit points, or Damage Resistance, and all the while dealing massive amounts of damage. And it's all Legal.

He's just going to have to work around it. Anyway, it was a pretty short D&D overall and I got to lead a stampede of Pigs into a strip mine by strapping a satchel of bacon on my back.

Coming home, I realised "Holy Crap I have lots of things to do."
I have about 5 books to read here at home: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets; Unseen Academicals, Making Money, A Hat Full of Sky, and the next Honor Harrington Novel that I'll borrow from Kel. I also picked up Tasmanian Babes Fiasco, however I want to read it after I read He Died With a Felafel in his hand. The problem with that is that trying to find a copy is like trying to convince people you don't like Fondue.

Then there's the video games. I've finished 40th day already. It was easy enough. However, I want to collect all the gear for it. So I have to run through it once again and shoot the living crap out of everything and anything in it.

Borderlands has brought out another downloadable expansion called "The Secret Armoury of General Knoxx" which features more weapons, different enemies, all on new levels along with a Level Cap increase up to level 61. Yes, Sixty-one, because 10 new levels just won't be enough for this!

One thing I forgot to mention about Friday Night was that after dinner, Danika came back to my place. She has been wanting to play certain games to find out what all the hype was about. Particularly... WoW. So I said "Righto, you can play my account for a month and see how you like it." She got really into it and now I just have to wait for her to come back to my place and grab a copy of it from my computer so she can play the rest of my account.

I might even have a gander at it again.

2 comments:

  1. This week is my last week so if Humph's up for it we can run a game of Grind OR if not, we can have another go at Warmachine or Blood Bowl or whatever...

    ReplyDelete