07 March 2010

Day two of the Family reunion

The morning started at ten-hundred hours, just as any Saturday should, and I picked up the phone to call jenny. I wanted to call her last night, but catching up with cousins and listening to the old fella's talking made me lose track of time. By the time I realised what time it was, Jenny would've already been on her way to work.

After a good half hours chat, I decided to get out of bed. Mum, Dad, sister and I were to go out to the shops to pay for some dinner and some desert. But after getting fed up with waiting for Mum and Dad, who were chin-wagging until the cows come home, Taleah and I were on our way out when Mum stops us and says that she's coming with us.

Another 10 minutes later, were on our way out. “Does anyone want to stop at the Big Banana?”
“Yeah sure.”
We rolled up and I quickly caught a Happy Snappy of the Big Banana, a damn side better photo than my attempt at the Big Prawn, and rolled on in to have a look through the souvenir store before heading to the eatery. Sadly the menu wasn't the best, and because this was my breakfast I didn't think getting icecream would be a good idea unless I had Pancakes or Waffles.

The service could do with a little work as well. We were given our number on a stick, and we waddled off to an outdoor table so Mum could have a few smokes in the shade. The system they have , which we eventually figured out because the lady who served us didn't warn us, was a Number Callout. They flash the number of an order on a few displays around the restaurant and you run up to the counter to pick it up. The problem with that was that they were understaffed that day. One cook and one waitress, and one girl working the ice cream parlour, so they were run off their feet and most people didn't get their orders for about a half hour. We had made one order, paid separately, however when we went to get it only mum and Taleahs order was done. I asked where mine was and she said “keep your number and we'll buzz you back.” Sure enough, 5 minutes later, my burger and chips were done.

We rolled on to Coles after that to get the desserts. I picked up a pair of cheap thongs, which said they were 11-12's but were too small for me, and we got stuff for pavlova, such as whipped cream, kiwi fruit, a punnet of strawberries, and a tin of passionfruit juice; we also got stuff for a caramel tart and a pecan tart. Mum also picked up a dragonfruit, which looks cool but the taste was really something to be desired. It tasted like really stale jelly, like how you chew on it and it's still all chunky and yuck. Then add seeds to it. Not my cup o' tea. Mum ended up eating it with the remainder of the whipped cream and I'm not sure if she got through it all.

For the rest of the day, I kept to myself by continuing to read Pratchett's “Making Money” while messaging Jenny through the day. Taleah was getting a little annoyed at my messaging, saying that I was being unsocial, but the folks were all enjoying their time chatting away about whatever. Apparently there was a dispute with one of my uncles/Cousins (I'm not sure who) who took over Grandpa's Farm and when my Cousin Greg asked to see the monument for his kids to see, he was denied regardless of the lawyers putting under contract that the family are free to see the monument under acknowledgement that they were doing so, whereas the rest of the territory is his to do whatever with. I didn't get all the details, but I knew that we were getting denied something of our heritage because someone doesn't like someone else.

So about 5:30 in the arvo crept up and I started having a few drinks. Aunty Cheryl showed Grand-Aunt Peggy, Mum and Dad a DVD that had a slide show of her daughters wedding, who couldn't turn up for some reason and Nicole was really sad because she hasn't seen her Aunty Cheryl (who is my mum) or her Uncle Bob (My Dad) in a really long time.

Then we headed off to the BBQ area for dinner. Sausages were cooked up and I continued to drink while talking to my second-cousin Taytum (Pretty sure that's how you spell his name). He's a pretty cool kid. He likes his games so we were chatting away about what games he likes and some anime, and some of each that he should consider looking up. I recommended to him Vagrant Story because it may be his sort of game, something to really make him think. I did warn him that it's hard to pick up a hard copy of it and that he should just download it from the PS3 network. I also noted that he's a budding musician, particularly of Guitar, and recommended the anime Cowboy Bebop. He was rather surprised that the predominant music theme was Jazz, so I'm betting he'll get a good kick out of it.

Taleah had a good time as well, she got rather drunk and she had a little trip to the beach with my aunty Carol and Judy and they drenched her. Later on she got on the pillow trampoline that the camp-site have and bounced on there with my second cousins, who were all under the age of 5 or 6. The little girl with her is also called Taleah and all weekend they were calling each other princesses. Twas very cute. For the rest o the night, after a sudden shock of a days energetic exercise, she could be heard for a mile around complaining about her sore legs.

After the barbeque, Greg and Craig had set up a small campfire to the side of the site and the cousins had all sat down to wait out the night. Craig had a shirt on with “Federal Police. Now give me all your drugs!” and he was taking it to full advantage. Teens were taking the path up to the beach, where apparently a party of about 100 or whatever were just drinking and smoking, and Craig was asking if they had anything on them. AFAIK he didn't score.

I missed out on this part, because I was getting tired so I went back to the cabin, but a fight had broken out. The Camp has plenty of the locals run through and use the Public fridge at the BBQ area. The family, which numbered at about 30, have claimed the small sheltered area and we just refused to move. So when a few kids turned up at about 1:30 to go through the fridge, the cousins told them to fuck off.
“Oh we put a six pack in here earlier.”
“No you fuckin didn't.”
“We haven't seen you here before. We were here all day yesterday-”
“No you fuckin haven't. Our family, all 30 of us, have been here since Friday afternoon and we never seen you.”
The details have been a bit sketchy otherwise, but Police came eventually and apparently Craig was hit in the face twice by a midget.

That was day two. Overall a rather entertaining day and night.

5 comments:

  1. There was a midget and this is the first I've heard of it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to keep it as a surprise. Admit it, you Lol'd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahahahaha by the way my seccy code was "inceost"

    NO JOKE

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen one of "Grandchildren Humping".

    ReplyDelete