29 March 2010

I'm boring

So lately things have been happening. Not many things, frankly. I've become boring in my old age. Hence, the recent gaming posts.

Last Saturday night, I didn't go to the ManaBar. I wanted to, but unfortunately I “require more minerals”. Heh, y' geddit? A game quote about going to a gaming bar? I lol'd. But yes, I had spent money on my GoCard so that I didn't get in strife about taking the train without paying this week which left me short for Geeky Drinkys with Stinky Geekys.

So I stayed at home and talked with Jenny ALL day and night, from 10am to 10pm, 8pm to 8am in Kalamazoo time. Yeah she was sleepy by the end of it, but we had a really good, much needed chat. It's been so long since we last did that. The best times I remember doing that was when we were both on holidays and we wouldn't stop talking for almost days on end. Eventually we would retire only to start up again until the wee hours of someone's morning.

Kinda reminded me of way back when, when me and the boys went down to the Bunker on Queen Street and we would hire out a handful of computers for 24 hours. We have some epic games going on there. We should do that again, except may be grab our towers and monitors, head to someones house, set up the network and game until there's nothing else to game. Shit, we could each get our xbox consoles along with monitor/TV and do a coop game for a whole day under my house. That would work out quite Grand. Play Borderlands and Run around Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot for a bit.

Also on Saturday, which interrupted my time with Jenny, was Dee moving in. We've been meaning to have Dee move in for months so that she could escape the tyranny of her parents and we would be alleviated of some financial stress (which I playfully say I'm happier about than her actual company. I'm such a stinker). All her gear was moved in a matter of... 10 minutes? A large old cupboard, a queen size bed and about a dozen moving boxes, milk crates and random gear was offloaded from her Dads Ute and her room was filled. The old school cupboard was the hardest part. We got to the point where the corner of the hall comes to Dees room and we got a bit stuck. I couldn't find a grip and was forced to try and hold onto the polished wood with my uncalloused, sweaty hands. And trust me, it doesn't work very well.

So with that in, all she's left with is organising her gear into something a little more aesthetic for someone's bedroom. Which will be nifty because we have an inspection on Thursday. I'm going to have to clean the red wine off the walls tonight with some spray and wipe, and do the Quarter-annual vacuuming of my room. I cleaned it up (mostly) the other night, so there's just some organisation of clothes and some gear that has been strewn about to put in their proper places.

Speaking of organising, I do have to make an order to the Privateer Press Store for some bits and bobs for my Man-O-War List.

Karchevs Legs
5 sets of Demo Corps arms if I can't get them from Humph (I should be able to actually)
1 Shocktrooper Halberd
I think there were some shoulderpads in there that were required...
And a Man-O-War Drakhun, with his dismount option

I also have to consider investing into some Man-o-War Kovniks (the guys with “Big Axe Little Wrist” disorder) and get them done up as well. And I still need to get the Bombardiers, but they haven't been released yet! UGH!

But future plans as they happen: Thursday night I'm headed out with the Jet Setter Michelle for a night of drinks while she's in town, and Friday probably for recovery. It's a public holiday on Friday, so it's a bloody Good Friday indeed! I'll definitely be spending time with jenny. She can watch me suffer under the evil after-toxins of alcohol that I will most likely suffer. Saturday... I don't know? I'm pretty sure I haven't got any plans, but I'll have to check with someone. Sunday will probably be at Mums for Easter, if we don't see a movie or not. I can't remember if Monday was a public holiday or not. If it is, I'll either talk to Jenny or do some work on those figures that I have, get the old paint stripped down so that I can put a new coat over them.

Oh yeah, I finished reading Tassie Babes, the book I started Wednesday night after Avenue Q. Entertaining Story of Hardship, and praise to this Stace chickie. One line that made me laugh out loud was “The Pope is Catholic, the Kennedys are a tad Gun Shy, and bears have been known to make potty in the woods.” Not sure why. I think it's the word potty.

Well that's about all for me, kiddilywinks.

6 comments:

  1. The fella that runs the gaming website I ramble for knows the fellas that own the Mana bar. If you're up for it I'll let ya know when we do something there?.

    Just some quiets and some shit talk if you're keen...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny, I know one of the other owners through my Wargaming Group! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. But I'm game. Gimme a buzz when it's on next and I'll see what my planner says

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like these plans you have with this "jenny."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like them too, Jennicki. She does mean a lot to me so I make time with her when I can :D

    ReplyDelete