08 March 2010

So much Love that I'm Vomiting Rainbows

rainbow vomit Pictures, Images and Photos
Credit: http://thndr.deviantart.com/art/Vomiting-Rainbows-37182140

Today, the 8th of March, marks the 12 weeks that Jen and I have been together. This is a little funny because, for one, we've been counting; for another, it's been 84 wonderful days; and lastly: she has never really celebrated anything in her relationships. So she was extremely excited when I said her to “Happy 1 Month, babe” to her. She was even more excited when, near the end of January, I told her that she'll be receiving a present on the 12th February.

For the few weeks beforehand she couldn't figure it out, always wondering and questioning what it was. It didn't help that every time she asked, I was trying to confuse her.
“Can I plug it in?”
“You can, but it won't have the same effect.”
It's true. You can plug a Rose into a power socket, but I doubt it's going to turn into a night light.

For those thinking “Why did he send it on that day?” I'll answer you now: If you had the chance to let your girl show up all the obnoxious cows that she knows at work by saying “MY Partner did THIS for me!” and not having any ammunition to fight back with something, then give her a valentines present before she goes to work so she can show it off.

Bonus points for being 14,000 Kilometres away.

Unfortunately the bastard florists don't deliver before 7am, so while we were talking before she went to work I ended up telling her what she was getting. I could hear her face flush red as her tears wanting to escape and give me hugs of Love.

She really appreciated it and I'm glad I made her freaking life there. It's good to know someone is happy because of you, and she reminds me of this every day through tears and laughter.

It's the little things that really bring out an emotion in someone. The so many months that come before August will be difficult. I know her history, and I know she has conflicting feelings regarding me and some of my friends, but we're working on that. I don't want to break her trust, and I don't plan to. I have my reasons for hiding her from certain people, rather petty things I'll agree, and I know it breaks her heart, which is why today it broke out to some of the workmates that I do trust to an extent that I'm with her.

She is the most amazing thing to happen to me, and I don't want to lose someone like that. She wakes up at 5:30 in the morning to talk to me. She sends me texts of gibberish in her sleep like "i gyve upi sop mduhvhs uwb" and "Iiikwjiwx ! Jinzhz" and "O ovr you yoo.nany" because she falls asleep curled up to her phone after talking with me while I'm at work. And as much as I may ever want to work, and there have been days that I really should've, I always continue to message her. I love her giggle; I love that she smiles at my lame little jokes; I love that she thinks more of me every day.

August is too far away. But I'm getting more and more excited every day. And then Xmas is just around the corner.

5 comments:

  1. I Love you. With a capital L. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. Great to see you're happy, dude. Soppy, but happy! ;)

    Heh. Nonesto. Sounds like some Batman villain. Nonesto. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best. I've already told Jen that with the Kel stamp of approval, that's a good reference :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeyeew. Now I feel like I need to go and kick a puppy or something. Nobody should be this blissed-out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And dude, August ain't far away. Its only 5 months! That's why I've had to cancel my trip to GenCon Indy (can't get the money in time). Those 5 months will fly by...

    ReplyDelete