12 July 2009

"I see you've got some painting to do"

I got a gaming fix!
Last week, The Richard purchased a game to help his own gaming fix, so at a discounted price he purchased Crysis and Crysis Warhead.
He didn't like them. So he passed them on to me.
I gave them a crack and BAM! Straight into it.
So over the past week, I've played through both games.
They're good. Crysis has a problem.
At one stage, the games enemies change to Aliens. Unfortunately, they're fairly easy. Circle strafing with a Gauss rifle easily dispatches them all.
Mind you, Crysis Warhead fixes the AI for them by giving better accuracy and maybe a little more maneuvesability.
But they're more difficult.
Crysis Warhead was probably my more prefered version. Not because it was more difficult, but because of the main character: Psycho, a british soldier. And he makes a very big point about his nationality by declaring all North Koreans that he interacts with a Muppet. For those who don't know, it means Idiot.
But these games are completed now. And, as habit, I have little desire to play them again. But it was a good hit.
Yesterday, I had a good time with a couple of mates, Kel and Greg. We were getting in some practice for the Warmachine/Hordes tournament coming in september.
Why practice?
There's a time limit on our games. Seven minutes to decide tactics, move figures and roll dice.
Its surprisingly difficult.
The only prerequisite is that your army is supposed to be fully painted.
I haven't painted a thing.
I have 8 weeks to do them in.
I have a lot of work ahead of me.

Edit: Also, I have to put half of them together still.

7 comments:

  1. You *still* haven't painted anything? [Neslon] Ha Ha![/Neslon]

    Still, I envy your Crysis. I am still muddling about back in 2004.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I noticed by your post on facebook the other day.

    "Hey guys, guess what! The cake is a lie!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. TBH, I am rather enjoying URT2004. I also am also looking fwd to Doom3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, I still have to play that.
    I've heard nothing but good things about it too.

    OOO and Quake 4.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah. You do know what I have to paint, right?

    remember that Skorne list I sent you ages ago?

    That.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know. Its been nearly a week, how is that working out for you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hasn't.
    My lightbulb still hasn't been replaced. Stupid work hours, stupid grocery store not having screw in bulbs, stupid everything. I'm grabbing one tomorrow though.

    ReplyDelete