26 July 2009

TANK!

This weekend was not very interesting. Friday night, my roommates left for the Gold Coast for the night and I was left at home alone.
Luckily, I already had plans to see Dee for some catching up.
Alas, fate prevents us from conversing in person as work kept her back until late, leaving me to download the Cowboy Bebop Soundtracks to listen at my leisure. I ended up spending most of my time ordering up pizza and playing Doom, before retiring.

The Saturday morning, I awoke at seven in the morning and refused to escape the circus tent of blankets that enveloped me until the weather was warmer.
So I spent my time on facebook through my phone, a ritual that I should really break the habit of since I continue to check it more often than I really should since nobody really updates as often as I check.

Eventually I rose from my grave and shambled to the loungeroom for some personal work. With superglue and bourbon in hand, I worked my magic and assembled the remaining pieces of my Hordes figures while the sounds of Cowboy Bebop played in the background.

Unfortunately I slipped into the kiddy pool of despression between basing and sealing my models, and wrote something rather incoherent and rageful whilst under the influence so I won't put it up here.

The Saturday afternoon and night was spent playing Kingdom Hearts 2 and conversing with Train-girl, a fellow fan.
Ah, Kingdom Hearts. The greatest cross-over fanfiction that ever came to be. Crossing the fantastic Disney Classic animated movies that I grew up on and dashed with characters from Final fantasy, while based around a particular set of unrelated characters and their adventures, it really is a fanfic without the gratuitous homosexuality.
Although, Sora has always had a questionable desire for finding Riku...
At least it's not Aladdin and Genie making out in the middle of a desert with a camel watching them...
Egads...
Either way, I played it until about 3 in the morning which was a bad Idea because I was seeing mum at 9 in the morning tomorrow.


Sunday was topped off with a visit to mother and a surprise appearance of my little sister!
The usual ritual with my mother of a fortnight is to go see a movie and hang out in the shopping centre for a bit before returning to her home for some relaxation (To which I usually end up having a nap on the couch and waking with a headache because the couch strains my neck).

This week, we went and saw "Harry Potter the Half-Blood Prince".
Honestly, my opinion was that it was all a big lead up to the "Snape Kills Dumbledore". It was entertaining for what it was worth.
Mind you, the cast gets older and cuter.


The night ended at my eldest sisters place. Today is my Nieces birthday, and due to nobody being there for her birthday due to work, everyone turned up sunday night to celebrate over Sausages and rolls, along with a "my little pony" cake made by my older sister.

All in all, it was a good weekend. I got something accomplished and saw family.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm... Cowboy Bebop soundtracks. Good call, that man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "What planet is this?"
    A particular favourite of mine at the moment. Can't go wrong with the sound of a Saxaphone.

    ReplyDelete