07 July 2010

But like a car crash, you can't just look away

Tuesday night was fun. Rather than the current plan of “Go to Scotts for painting” which we've done the past few weeks, I stayed at Fastbreak. It helped that I got a message from Kel asking if I was going to Fastbreak, and one from Andy asking how long I'll be there for. I almost suspected Bernadette would be bringing in cake for me again, like she did last year.

While I didn't get cake, I did bring in my Voltron Monsterpocalypse set and played a few games with Pekin, Doc, and Kel. W e got a fair few games in between us, swapping monsters over and over again. It was very fun and we tested out both maps as well.
Sidenote: one must remember that some Power Crystals on the Comet Map are on Rough Terrain.
Also: It's really hard to keep out of the way of a supernova.
We organised with Paul for a release event as well. We go to fastbreak, grab box and sit down for shenannigannery. July 16th for those interested!


Last night though, while waiting for jenny to message me, I went onto youtube and looked up the first and second episodes of Voltron. The lion one, not the vehicle one. And boy was it bad. Fair enough, it was like watching Speed Racer where everything was so cheaply done it's not funny, but the voices... oh god the voices.

Sven was really trying too hard to put on an accent. And don't get me started on Pidge. He sounds like he's chocking on a kazoo. They could've gotten a throat cancer patient with cotton wool stuffed in his cheeks to do a better job.

But I watched it until I drifted off to sleep during the last part of the second episode. I enjoyed it though, and a few memories started sparking up in the depths of my mind. It's been so long, all I could remember was Voltron himself. But now I'm slowly remembering more and more. I think. I just remember the funny door to the arena where the Robeast would enter from.

Good times. I'm going to watch more tonight as I paint some figures.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous24 July, 2010

    Sounds like the GO! channel. Old episodes of Bewitched, Green Acres, Get Smart, etc etc. Nostalgia battles with inferior production techniques and outdated social values, until thousands of middle aged men begin snoring in their armchairs. Meanwhile their wives have gone to bed and are sleeping alone - without all that snoring keeping them awake.

    GO! - giving EVERYONE a good night's sleep.

    ReplyDelete