12 July 2010

The Uprising Wants You

In todays army, we fight with order and synergy. Brothers in arms is more than just a metaphore. It's real. And we fight with a semblance of order in our regiments.

Todays topic is Force Composition. I've seen quite a few different compositions in the past. Some rampant with different units, few sticking to a particular theme. Personally, I stick to faction and vary my units into Groups.
  • Mollok Brutes x3
  • - Elites x2
  • Mollok Berserker x1
  • Mollok Mortar x3
  • - Glass x1
  • - Elite x2
  • Groundbreaker x3
With the release of new units, I have to mix this up. I start with what I have to use, what I have, and then organise them. So I have come up with this.
  • Oppressors x2
  • - Elite x1
  • Mollok Brutes x2
  • - Elite x1
  • Grinder Tank x3
  • - Elite x1
  • - Ral Kurrilik
  • Hazmat Truck
  • Groundbreaker x2
  • Mollok Berserker
So I got rid of the Mollok Mortars. They can't seem to keep up in my opinion so I planted in all of my Grinder Tanks. Now they have a worse attack than the Mollok Mortars. Much worse. The tanks have 3*0 whie the Mortars have 2*1. And I'm all about efficiency. But I'm going to give them a chance. I can see how Ral Kurrilik goes too. He's good for many situations other than just shooting. Red Rage? Game on.

The Oppressors are a nifty choice. I find a bit of excitement out of them actually. Them, the Mollok Berserker and the Hazmat Truck. I reckon that they make for a good combo. Why? Well for an entire 10 action die, you can get off a rather nasty attack.

Spawn a Mollok Berserker, a grunt Oppressor and the Hazmat Truck. You run them all into a target. If you can't get them all on the target, use an action die to Tow the Hazmat Truck up. Then make a combined attack. They all have at least 1 boost die. If the Berserker is adjacent to all, then get another boost die per figure. That's a 3*6 die attack. Sadly, all figures will die from the explosion, but that's still really fun. KABOOM!

Groundbreakers remain to be useful for collecting power points and securing buildings, but I've only had a few cases where he was good for his flank ability. But still plays a good role. And dropping one from my usually array of figures isn't too much of a hassle.

Mollok Brutes stay. The three of them to make a 3*8 attack out of the blue makes me giggle. And being Defence 4 and Speed 5 with Jump makes them pretty reliable to get across the field to mess someone up.

But this is my choice. What compositions do other people come up with and why?

Next Week: You could almost believe it was BP...

No comments:

Post a Comment