11 March 2011

Arcade Cabinet update

Whelp, ladies and gents, I think I have a solution. After thinking for quite a long time about what picture i want on the side of the Arcade Cabinet, I realised I want nothing more than Sonic. Fair call, I say.

But you know what else I have? I have a Playstation 2. I have a CD called the "Sonic Mega Collection" which, as you may or may not have guessed, has a collection of Sonic the Hedgehog games on it.

So if I get myself a VGA Cable that'll work (I'll have to fork out about $30 or something), I can plug it up to the LCD monitor mum gave to me (or that unused CRT monitor I could pick up from work), make the frame following the instructions of old mate Dugell with small modifications involving the Playstation 2 console I have, and Bam! I got myself a sonic the hedgehog arcade machine for my Nerd Hold.

I could make it right now if I could be bothered dropping the $130+shipping on the 2player controller... and then the, probably not really close to, $100 for MDF and pine frames. Oh and the $10-20 for the monitor...

Dollars. What are they good for. They just get in the way.

1 comment:

  1. Just replaced a whole bunch of cables from asutek on ebay. The VGA was only $6.40 delivered and I've used it on a customers machine to check it works. Might save some of those unwanted dollars?

    ReplyDelete