20 March 2011

Sunday Night is Movie Night

Sundays of a fortnight are usually reserved for Movie Mornings with Mum. We'd go down to the Coffee Club, grab ourselves some breakfast (usually a scone with jam and cream, plus drink), grab our tickets (currently at $7 a pop thanks to mum hooking in on a special with the Cinema), maybe have a wander through the shopping complex to pass some time before the movie starts, and then discuss the movie afterwards while mum has a smoke, then go to mums place and chill for the better part of the day.

Occasionally we'll have guests such as my sister, Bub as I call her since for the longest time she was the baby of the family, or like the other week we had Kel join us.

This week Mum bailed out at the last minute due to finances, which is fair enough, so she rescheduled for next week to go see Rango.

But luckily, I also picked up a movie from Kel and Tash. After having a brief discussion about Mat Damons new movie, the Adjustment Bureau, they mentioned a flick I'd not heard of: Dark City.

Aghast at the situation, they scanned through the wonderful assortment of DVD's to let me borrow for the week. And tonight, with the house to myself and Final Fantasy IX nearing completion but interest waning, I picked the DVD out of my bag and slotted it in.

It's an interesting movie and definitely a thinker. Leaves something for the mind to wallow in, especially since my mind is pretty fkn faulty at the best of times.

But it's also making me wonder what other movies I haven't seen that would make Kel and tash reel back in horror. They only found out about a month ago that I hadn't seen The Princess Bride (*GASP!*)

No comments:

Post a Comment