17 March 2011

#JennickiInBrisneyland

It's an eventuality that Jenny will be coming to Brisbane. It has to happen one day and the sooner the better. The latest that she'll be here is Xmas time but optimistically she'll be here around her Birthday.

But what to do? I knew that there are a few things we have to do, like if it's her birthday we'd go to GirlClumsys Birthday Party (I assume she'll have something awesome/fun planned), and for Xmas we'd have my family lunch/dinner and then New Years Eve down at South Bank, but what else?

First thing Jenny wants to do is go to Australia Zoo and Tackle... uh, I mean cuddle... a Koala. I suggested Dreamworld because when I first mentioned it to her, and how close it was, she demanded to know why I didn't visit it every weekend.

The Beach, Story Bridge, the Brisbane Arts Theatre, Family BBQ with my tribe, Dinner with Burgers, and dinner with Kel and Tash, lunch at Harrys Diner, and that was about it for my Brainstorming. Frankly I'm the first to admit to being a few bricks short of a house. And frankly, I don't know much about things that can be done in Brisbane. Nerd HOle, y'see.

So I turned to Twitter and asked what things I could do with Jenny. Fun places to visit and things to do. And responses flooded.
Ben C: Fortitude Valley on a Saturday Night
Pub Crawl, maybe even Burger dinner too.

Space Lizard: Straya Zoo (Australia for those at home). Also Currumbin Sanctuary also goes off like a Fish sandwich with US Tourists.
That's one of my favourite lines.

Greg W: A trip on the city Cat is a nice way to show off the city. And it would be remiss of me to not promote the Planetarium as well.
CityCat was echoed by Doc Y and Birmo, even suggesting a night time cruise.

Doc Y: Probably some sort of local sporting event too depending what season it is.
Which worked out with a later post:
Erin: How bout experiencing a Netball game? Do they have that in the US? You can come watch me fall over! And bring my shirt.

Doc Y: Mt Cootha, Goldie Beaches, Straddie, Glass House Mtns, Tamborine/Springbook, Pub Crawl, Mt Glorious, Wivenhoe and back through Moko Country.
Jeez we've got a lot of mountains. I think the Pub Crawl was silently resounded by everyone else.

GirlClumsy: Ooh, well if she's here 29 Sept-1 Oct we have an impro festival. Nov/Dec is How To Be A Man. Lots of things 2nd half of Year!
Oh Jenny would love to get on stage, hehe

Birmo: Overnighter to North Coast. Noosa, if the beach is back. Maybe a visit to Hughsey's Farm, I'll drive. Dinner and Drinks at Claret House. Riverfront walk around to Powerhouse for some Fkn Cultcher.
Very Generous offer to visit hughseys!

Erin: Games and Nerd Love at the Mana Bar!
We'll have to do that one with a Pub Crawl.

Del: Go Kart Track! Ripley's! Mt Tamborine! WEEEEEE!
I can't wait to get Jenny on a gokart. I just hope she doesn't WEEEEEE!

Gaz: Take Jen up to Binna Burra or O'reilys in the Gold Coast Hinterland. Scenic views etc. Tree top walkway at O'reilys.
Now she would love the tree top walkway.
And I think there's more suggestions coming. For two weeks, we're going to be rushed off our feet.

We may even have to rent some floorspace or a room for when we go down to the Gold Coast too!

4 comments:

  1. I have heaps of other ideas I'm sure...

    But let me know about the Gold Coast - my parents have a flat down at Surfers. I'll book it for a few days and we'll all head down! Accommodation for that one, sorted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bareboat hire -- couple days on a hire sailing vessel in the channel inside Fraser Island. Used to be you could do it out of that retirement mudhole there... can't remember the name of the place, but it's big with the whalewatchers and the backpackers 'cos of access to Fraser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Currumbin Bird Sanctuary: I bet Jen would love to feed the birds and have them crawl all over her. Tourists love that stuff. I love that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @GirlClumsy: Thats super freakin awesome! Thanks GC!

    @Flinthart: I'll have to give that one a close look, I bet she would love to go out on the water.

    @Bart: Oh man she would go gaga over it.

    ReplyDelete