23 March 2011

Latest in Wargames

Recently there has been an addition to my collection of Models and some more thought processes. For one, there's Dystopian Wars. My friend Juffo has picked up a mega deal and gotten a starter box of each faction.

I am going forth with the Federated States of America. Giant Paddleboats are awesome. And the starter comes with a load of stuff too! It's awesome!


Other news, the Imperial Idea is coming along with small, but effective, details being layered onto the Xdestroyer and is turning out cool. In my opinion it is anyway.

Concept Sketch for Imperial on Twitpic

Operation Remix hasn't gotten any further than a repositioned Juggernaut. Currently waiting to do a bulk order to Privateer Press before I move any further on that.

Bulk order also includes some other bits and pieces I need/want so I can fix up or 'Improve' on old models. Not to mention Battle Mechaniks for my next Man-o-War addition. And Parts for my Dioramas.

One idea is a Man-O-War Spriggan, so I've bought arms, the Lance and a Bombard Muzzle so I can convert them up into Shocktrooper-esque pieces. Another is the Gudrun Diorama with Gudrun himself and the Scared Girl from Nightmare, and also the Cryx Battlebox so I can do the Remix Diorama. Then there's replacing the head of my MK1 marauder, and also fixing my Karchev's legs because I can't seem to get the ones I have fixed.

Note to self: Must dig out Karchev Skirt for Imperial.


Something cool I heard the other night. Apparently there were going to be rules for 40k talking about Space battles on the sides of Space Hulks. I reckon that would be an awesome gaming table for 40k. Though watch out for the stained glass windows else you fall in.

Make some ramps; various bits and pieces jutting out from the side for cover; various dents for improvised trenches; a chasm or which open into the space hulk; an exposed reactor. Awesome stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment