30 June 2010

Natural High July

It has recently been brought to my attention that there is this charity challenge going round called "Dry July", a month where people would stop drinking entirely to raise awareness for alcoholism and cancer (That's my understanding, I had a quick browse through).

Then Jennicki and Girl Clumsy both decided to match up with their own challenge called "Thigh July", and they're to take up the challenge of No Chocolate. Yes, a very difficult task for ladies such as these (Don't kill me).

But tonight as I sat in my bed and looked at my Southern Comfort and Coke, which I mixed a little too strongly and now I'm off put from the drink for now, I froze to death at 14*C and it came to me in a moment of thought. with no provocation to the thought.

Caffeine. I have waaay too much Caffeine. It's been giving me a bit of strife with the occasional heartburn I have of a morning and going to Harrys Diner and grabbing a Can of V from the little fridge is a daily ritual of mine. It's taboo to have caffeine on weekends, something I settled myself into looong ago. The only reason I drink it is due to being out in the Valley and having Jager bombs, or going to a 24 hour LAN party.
Sidenote: I want to say BAD JUJU and shake a stick with a skull and feathers on it, like a real witch doctor!
So all through July, I won't have caffeinated drinks. No Coke. No V. No Mother. No Rockstars. No Samedi. Nada. I'll have water because I need to rehydrate. I'll also start sleeping better. Go to bed at a reasonable time. Work will appreciate that, I'm sure.

But now I must sleep. Onwards to tomorrow... AND BEYOND!


No more morning V's from Harrys...


... No more sculling down half litres...


... and no mixing it up on the odd occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment